Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Agger

Mountain Bike Cycling 2017 Dicussion Thread

juddy96    65

Mountain Bike is one of my favourite disciplines to watch, I don't know why, sadly it doesn't get a lot of discussion. I don't know if it's because Nino just completely dominates everything on men's side. I hope Downhill gets added to the Olympics if it can get more women into the event and diversify its profile of countries a bit more, it's an exciting race to watch

Edited by juddy96

Agger    136
15 minutes ago, juddy96 said:

Mountain Bike is one of my favourite disciplines to watch, I don't know why, sadly it doesn't get a lot of discussion. I don't know if it's because Nino just completely dominates everything on men's side. I hope Downhill gets added to the Olympics if it can get more women into the event and diversify its profile of countries a bit more, it's an exciting race to watch

Sadly I haven't been able to follow it as closely as earlier seasons. There have been quite a lot of races at bad times for me.
I mainly follow the women's racing (mainly due to both Denmark and Sweden being stronger there (though I believe it won't be long before we have Simon Andreassen in the men's senior))

Personally I'm hoping more for XCE or even bringing bach the 4X.

juddy96    65
13 minutes ago, Agger said:

Sadly I haven't been able to follow it as closely as earlier seasons. There have been quite a lot of races at bad times for me.
I mainly follow the women's racing (mainly due to both Denmark and Sweden being stronger there (though I believe it won't be long before we have Simon Andreassen in the men's senior))

Personally I'm hoping more for XCE or even bringing bach the 4X.

I don't know why but I don't get that excited for XCE or 4X, the courses in Downhill make the races more interesting and different from race to race. Canada does have the Junior world champ Finn Iles in downhill but sadly our best ever downhiller, former world cup champion Steve Smith tragically died last year. Of course in women's cross country Canada is way stronger than in the men's.

Edited by juddy96

Agger    136
6 minutes ago, juddy96 said:

I don't know why but I don't get that excited for XCE or 4X, the courses in Downhill make the races more interesting and different from race to race. Canada does have the Junior world champ Finn Iles in downhill but sadly our best ever downhiller, former world cup champion Steve Smith tragically died last year. Of course in women's cross country Canada is way stronger than in the men's.

Personally I'm just a big fan of the elimination format (my love coming from the skiing sprints) and the XCE is slightly more tactical than most other events with the format with the skiing as the exception.

Personally I must admit that I've never really given Downhill much time. 

Swewi    5

Olympic Champion Jenny Rissveds Will not race in the World Championships Due to a sponsorship conflict with the swedish cycling association

phelps    106

Swiss double at the World Champs in the senior Cross-Country races...

Jolanda Neff just destroyed the field and won by a huge margin over Annie Last (GBR) and Pauline Ferrand Prevot (FRA), meanwhile the men's event was very close...but at the end it was the great Nino Schurter to win the Gold medal once again. Silver went to his eternal rival Jaroslav Kulhavy (CZE) and Bronze to his teammate Thomas Litscher...

Full Results here:

http://www.tissottiming.com/Competition/00030E0200FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF/CM/2017