website statistics

Mountain Bike Cycling 2017 Dicussion Thread

Agger

• 7 months later...

Mountain Bike is one of my favourite disciplines to watch, I don't know why, sadly it doesn't get a lot of discussion. I don't know if it's because Nino just completely dominates everything on men's side. I hope Downhill gets added to the Olympics if it can get more women into the event and diversify its profile of countries a bit more, it's an exciting race to watch

Edited by juddy96

15 minutes ago, juddy96 said:

Mountain Bike is one of my favourite disciplines to watch, I don't know why, sadly it doesn't get a lot of discussion. I don't know if it's because Nino just completely dominates everything on men's side. I hope Downhill gets added to the Olympics if it can get more women into the event and diversify its profile of countries a bit more, it's an exciting race to watch

Sadly I haven't been able to follow it as closely as earlier seasons. There have been quite a lot of races at bad times for me.
I mainly follow the women's racing (mainly due to both Denmark and Sweden being stronger there (though I believe it won't be long before we have Simon Andreassen in the men's senior))

Personally I'm hoping more for XCE or even bringing bach the 4X.

13 minutes ago, Agger said:

Sadly I haven't been able to follow it as closely as earlier seasons. There have been quite a lot of races at bad times for me.
I mainly follow the women's racing (mainly due to both Denmark and Sweden being stronger there (though I believe it won't be long before we have Simon Andreassen in the men's senior))

Personally I'm hoping more for XCE or even bringing bach the 4X.

I don't know why but I don't get that excited for XCE or 4X, the courses in Downhill make the races more interesting and different from race to race. Canada does have the Junior world champ Finn Iles in downhill but sadly our best ever downhiller, former world cup champion Steve Smith tragically died last year. Of course in women's cross country Canada is way stronger than in the men's.

Edited by juddy96

6 minutes ago, juddy96 said:

I don't know why but I don't get that excited for XCE or 4X, the courses in Downhill make the races more interesting and different from race to race. Canada does have the Junior world champ Finn Iles in downhill but sadly our best ever downhiller, former world cup champion Steve Smith tragically died last year. Of course in women's cross country Canada is way stronger than in the men's.

Personally I'm just a big fan of the elimination format (my love coming from the skiing sprints) and the XCE is slightly more tactical than most other events with the format with the skiing as the exception.

Personally I must admit that I've never really given Downhill much time. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Swiss double at the World Champs in the senior Cross-Country races...

Jolanda Neff just destroyed the field and won by a huge margin over Annie Last (GBR) and Pauline Ferrand Prevot (FRA), meanwhile the men's event was very close...but at the end it was the great Nino Schurter to win the Gold medal once again. Silver went to his eternal rival Jaroslav Kulhavy (CZE) and Bronze to his teammate Thomas Litscher...

Full Results here:

http://www.tissottiming.com/Competition/00030E0200FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF/CM/2017

Avancini in 4th place :yikes:

Too bad Cocuzzi DNF'ed :(

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!