Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
George_D

Beach Volleyball 2017 Discussion Thread

Quasit    55
4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Maybe they just gave up seeing how only money talks in FIVB...

Just like about any other organisation.

Edited by Quasit

dcro    964
10 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Just like about any other organisation.

Well, they got screwed in Rio qualification. I don't get how FIVB can have such a low sense universiality in beach volleyball (funnily that wasn't the case in the indoor volleyball)... Big nations have milion chances to qualify a full team. Continental cups are already ridiculous since more than one good team is required, and yet FIVB manages to make it even more unfair by allowing already qualified nations to compete. :facepalm: And don't get me started on how Russian women's beach team suddenly became eligible to compete at the final QT despite failing to qualify for that.

In short, nation like Vanuatu will never qualify in these conditions, no matter how hard they try. :p

hoversaBR    16

Brazil won the two gold medals in the U21 World Championship :clap::clap: Our future in beach volleyball is very well.

In the first set of the Men's Final, we were losing by 14-20, and we won the set by 22-20. :lol:

heywoodu    1,109

Wow, Varenhorst/Van Garderen in the semi-finals of the world championships :hyper:

Pretty surprising, since Varenhorst's status gave them a wild card and Van Garderen only came out of the indoor hall on to the beach a couple of months ago :d

hoversaBR    16

Bronze!! :clap::clap: Finally Larissa and Talita won a medal. Anyway, this was a not very good championship for Brazil, only two pairs in the Quarterfinals.

• Like 1

vinipereira    155
49 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

Bronze!! :clap::clap: Finally Larissa and Talita won a medal. Anyway, this was a not very good championship for Brazil, only two pairs in the Quarterfinals.

I agree, not a great championship for us, but I thought we wouldn't even get a medal. That bronze medal match was so close!

heywoodu    1,109

10-7 in the final set of the women's final and the Dutch broadcaster goes back to the studio: "I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen, our time is over." :bowdown:

juddy96    65
12 hours ago, vinipereira said:

I agree, not a great championship for us, but I thought we wouldn't even get a medal. That bronze medal match was so close!

Our girls were so disappointed because they didn't come home with a medal, they have only played 7 tournaments together which is great that they already have such high goals and results behind them. A few years ago I would've never thought we would have 7 teams in world championships of Beach Volleyball.

heywoodu    1,109

Brazilian players are the ultimate party poopers, aren't they? :p 

Winning against a Dutch team in the WCh final in the Netherlands, winning against an Austrian team in the WCh final in Austria... :d 

• Like 2

vinipereira    155

So our worst ranked pair in the men's side wins gold, who would have thought.

Good start, but I bet we're gonna see a lot of changes among our teams after this championship.

• Like 2