website statistics

Beach Volleyball 2017 Discussion Thread

George_D

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Maybe they just gave up seeing how only money talks in FIVB...

Just like about any other organisation.

Edited by Quasit

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

10 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Just like about any other organisation.

Well, they got screwed in Rio qualification. I don't get how FIVB can have such a low sense universiality in beach volleyball (funnily that wasn't the case in the indoor volleyball)... Big nations have milion chances to qualify a full team. Continental cups are already ridiculous since more than one good team is required, and yet FIVB manages to make it even more unfair by allowing already qualified nations to compete. :facepalm: And don't get me started on how Russian women's beach team suddenly became eligible to compete at the final QT despite failing to qualify for that.

In short, nation like Vanuatu will never qualify in these conditions, no matter how hard they try. :p

#banbestmen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, Varenhorst/Van Garderen in the semi-finals of the world championships :hyper:

Pretty surprising, since Varenhorst's status gave them a wild card and Van Garderen only came out of the indoor hall on to the beach a couple of months ago :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

49 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

Bronze!! :clap::clap: Finally Larissa and Talita won a medal. Anyway, this was a not very good championship for Brazil, only two pairs in the Quarterfinals.

I agree, not a great championship for us, but I thought we wouldn't even get a medal. That bronze medal match was so close!

10-7 in the final set of the women's final and the Dutch broadcaster goes back to the studio: "I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen, our time is over." :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 hours ago, vinipereira said:

I agree, not a great championship for us, but I thought we wouldn't even get a medal. That bronze medal match was so close!

Our girls were so disappointed because they didn't come home with a medal, they have only played 7 tournaments together which is great that they already have such high goals and results behind them. A few years ago I would've never thought we would have 7 teams in world championships of Beach Volleyball.