website statistics

Wrestling 2017 Discussion Thread

George_D

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I'm more surprised that competing against an American would apparently have been no problem, didn't know that. 

competing against USA was never an issue . actually an American team on his way to Iran for the World Club Champs this week . Israel is a different story, they want to "show" they don't recognize it as a country. 

that's a long and stupid story and I already explained it few times in this forum. that was a nonnegotiable policy until recently but now even the wrestling federation and some parliament members asked for a change in this. since it only hurts the Iranian athletes. that's not even a "protest" because they always fake injuries or other reasons to avoid them. 

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

competing against USA was never an issue . actually an American team on his way to Iran for the World Club Champs this week . Israel is a different story, they want to "show" they don't recognize it as a country. 

that's a long and stupid story and I already explained it few times in this forum. that was a nonnegotiable policy until recently but now even the wrestling federation and some parliament members asked for a change in this. since it only hurts the Iranian athletes. that's not even a "protest" because they always fake injuries or other reasons to avoid them. 

Yeah I knew about not competing against Israeli's, that's sad. The fact that a major sports federation and some parliament members are starting to ask for changes in this whole thing might be a tiny glimmer of hope to see this change one day? 

And now that you mention it, I remember you talking about how some American wrestlers like Jordan Burroughs were actually welcomed as super stars in Iran this or last year (at the World Cup I believe). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!