website statistics

Swimming 2017 Discussion Thread

George_D

8 hours ago, dareza said:

Actually it's not the first time that they stay here. :d I think it was also before 2015 WCh or something. Anyway, it's right next to my home town. :d

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dareza said:

Meh, she had 53.00 and 53.03 as splits in the European Games in Baku, two years ago, one would think there should be some improvement by now :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Meh, she had 53.00 and 53.03 as splits in the European Games in Baku, two years ago, one would think there should be some improvement by now :p 

But last year it was not that good, and in 2015 on WC :d

1 minute ago, dareza said:

But last year it was not that good, and in 2015 on WC :d

Well she's still young, plenty of time for improvement :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The level of competition at the european junior championships is clearly hurt by the absence of ALL german talents and the top british talents. Personally i am happy that the german swimming federation decided to focus on world junior championships, although it will be much tougher to win medals there, especially considering some of the crazy times coming out of the US once again. I think the highlights of the first day were womens 200 butterfly and womens 800 free, most other times were far from spectacular.

US trials are always funny to watch, suddenly you have athletes like Zachary Appel, Dakota Luther or Mallory Comerford who completely destroy their PB out of nowhere. I just wish that only once a single german swimmer would show an improvement like that ... it can't be that hard, considering that there are at least half a dozen american swimmers doing it every year ... :p

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Wow what a time for 17 years old Kristof Milak on 200m butterfly: 1:53.79! :bowdown: Hungary was always good in this disciline. First Cseh, after that Kenderesi and now Milak.

And what to say about Kesely :bowdown:

Also great time for Egorova on 200 backstroke, 2:08.97.

--------------------------

After day 3 Russia and Hungary are so far the best on this championship. Moldova is biggest surpise. They won 2 medals and they have chance for more.

Edited by dareza