website statistics

Swimming 2017 Discussion Thread

George_D

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, dareza said:

:bowdown:

Finally, the WR of that Japanese guy who never ever performed anything noteworthy after that is gone :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 months later...

James Magnussen isn't going to the world champs in July 2017 because he will focus on the Commonwealth Games in April 2018 :facepalm:

This is such an annoying thing in swimming, athletes/coaches acting like peaking twice in one calendar year is insanely impossible. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

James Magnussen isn't going to the world champs in July 2017 because he will focus on the Commonwealth Games in April 2018 :facepalm:

This is such an annoying thing in swimming, athletes/coaches acting like peaking twice in one calendar year is insanely impossible. 

Have you tried peaking twice a year yourself? :p

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Have you tried peaking twice a year yourself? :p

I haven't, but athletes in a lot of sports have and succesfully did so (like countries that have Olympic trials 2-3 months or less before the Olympics). If the Commonwealth Games were in September or October 2017, ok, I get it. But come on, get real. Not going to WCh in July 2017 because of an event in April 2018 is too much. 

Does he even have to peak for the CW Games. :d It's not like there is that much competition there. Also there are 8 months between those events... It's absurd to imagine that he can't be ready for both to swim a few lanes. For me it seems an excuse, when Chalmers whips his ass before the Worlds. :whistle:

Edited by Federer91

11 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Does he even have to peak for the CW Games. :d It's not like there is that much competition there. Also there are 8 months between those events... It's absurd to imagine that he can't be ready for both to swim a few lanes. For me it seems an excuse, when Chandler whips his ass before the Worlds. :whistle:

830678d89f347449e1e3b46df67f0ff5_not-sur

(I do agree about the rest of course, come on, 8 months to prepare isn't enough? I don't buy that) 

Edited by heywoodu

50 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I haven't, but athletes in a lot of sports have and succesfully did so (like countries that have Olympic trials 2-3 months or less before the Olympics). If the Commonwealth Games were in September or October 2017, ok, I get it. But come on, get real. Not going to WCh in July 2017 because of an event in April 2018 is too much. 

Maybe he wants to have a life outside of swimming. :d

After all, that is only James Magnussen, not really the top swimmer at the moment. :p

#banbestmen