Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

George_D

Volleyball 2017 Discussion Thread

353 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, VolleyRuller96 said:

According to our media, there will only be one group next year. Most of the teams that currently participate  in Group 2  and 3 excluding Japan, China, Korea, Australia and Germany won't be able to play anymore.

ah well, that´s definitely unpleasant, but well, who cares about a 5 million country with any eventual or realistic marketing volleyball profit :d

so we´ll play Europa League ?

16 minutes ago, hckosice said:

ah well, that´s definitely unpleasant, but well, who cares about a 5 million country with any eventual or realistic marketing volleyball profit :d

so we´ll play Europa League ?

Nothing is known yet about what will happen with excluded countries. They might play European  League but with teams like Albania or Luxembourg the level is so low and costs high  I think they will just not play at all :(

whatsapp_image_2017-05-28_at_14.44.38.jp

As many of you know, the World League finals will be played at Arena da Baixada in Curitiba, one of the World Cup stadiums. The arena received a friendly match last year, which was a huge success (now they'll have seats closer to the action, like in World Championship 2014). While most of the matches have an "okay" schedule (at 15h00 and 17h00 local time), the final will be played at 23h00 (!). At least it will be in a Saturday, but I do hope Brazil reaches the final, otherwise I don't see many people wanting to watch someting like France vs Serbia this late. Oh, and aparently @hukbrazil will watch some matches there :thumbup:

292916_635165_dsc_9344_fTRE7fy.jpg

Expected 3-0 against Morroco for our boys at the start of U21 World Championship in Czech Republic, However i am surprised how bad Morroco performed against us (25-9 25-15 25-15)

slovenia in final:clap:

semifinal:

Slovenia : Netherland 3:0 (15, 30, 20)
Gasparini 13, Urnaut 11, Čebulj 8; Ter Maat 13, Overbeeke 4

Group of death is solved rather quickly as Argentina and Iran qualify for top 8 :thumbup:

Our team plays pretty well considering we have 0 players above 200cm of height.