Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

George_D

Volleyball 2017 Discussion Thread

356 posts in this topic

Netherlands beat Egypt in 5 set comeback to go from 6th to 2nd in Group (top 4 qualify) :yes

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Melonade said:

Netherlands beat Egypt in 5 set comeback to go from 6th to 2nd in Group (top 4 qualify) :yes

The Netherlands played very, very bad in the first two sets. After those two lost sets it was a pretty good level. I think they underestimated the Egyptians.

Well, Netherlands is 2nd now in the poule. It won't be easy, but hopefully they will qualify for the Final Four. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Austria :cry: they played so well this year and they desrved at least ro qualify to Group 3 F4...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always amazed and frustrated at the same time, how we can play great against the big teams and subpar against the weaker ones. Beating Brazil, Poland and Russia and losing to Argentina and Canada. :crazy: :lol:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We lost again, this World League is a nightmare for the Italian team :( 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our coach understimated the WL, and we are going to div II as a consecuence. De Cecco and Conte enjoying their vacations instead of being here leading the team:facepalm:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's a good thing I was not at home 90%of the weekend and was only able to follow livescores :d i probably would smash the television from emotions if I watched live :d at least we beat Canada

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so apparently there was a volleyball set that ended 87-85 in the Czechoslovakia League in 1979. :yikes::yikes::yikes::wacko:

But it's hard to find evidence of it, according to http://www.volleyball-movies.net/fanclubs/discussion/the-longest-set-in-the-history-of-volleyball-329

 

63-61 happened in the German League (I don't know when) and 54-52 happened in Italian Serie A in 2002 and between Athens and Thessaloniki in 2007.

 

But in the 1970s/80s, a normal set e.g. 25-20 would last over an hour. So 87-85...!??!!

 

:wacko::wacko::lol:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Melonade said:

Okay so apparently there was a volleyball set that ended 87-85 in the Czechoslovakia League in 1979. :yikes::yikes::yikes::wacko:

But it's hard to find evidence of it, according to http://www.volleyball-movies.net/fanclubs/discussion/the-longest-set-in-the-history-of-volleyball-329

 

63-61 happened in the German League (I don't know when) and 54-52 happened in Italian Serie A in 2002 and between Athens and Thessaloniki in 2007.

 

But in the 1970s/80s, a normal set e.g. 25-20 would last over an hour. So 87-85...!??!!

 

:wacko::wacko::lol:

 

Yeah, in the past there were different rules. Teams earned points only on their serves, which made sets and matches go longer than now. 

 

Don't know about these records, but if we are looking in Czechoslovakia history,  @hckosice  is the best bet we have. If he can't find, then i don't know who can. :d

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

 

Yeah, in the past there were different rules. Teams earned points only on their serves, which made sets and matches go longer than now. 

 

Don't know about these records, but if we are looking in Czechoslovakia history,  @hckosice  is the best bet we have. If he can't find, then i don't know who can. :d

 

wait, what ? :lol: Never heard about that..I think it´s just a BS..such city/village even doesn´t exist, but maybe in the past, during communism many cities and villages were named differently (for example nowadays Zlín was named Gottwaldov after former communist president Klement Gottwald...etc... so I´ll see)

 

okay, let me some minutes I´ll make some investigations :d

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I counted correctly, 87-85 with the old system would correspond to a minimum of 244 "points" played (but only with a perfect sequence, quite impossible to achieve). I don't believe this really happened :d

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, Nothing. I've been looking in historical tables and results of the volleyball in our territory in the 70s years. And I did found nothing. Absolutely nothing, Not a single mention of any special result, nor any club that would approach the mentioned name. Moreover, such a city or village does not exist and did not existed in the communist era. So it's a fake report.

 

Sorry Guys :d

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Nope, Nothing. I've been looking in historical tables and results of the volleyball in our territory in the 70s years. And I did found nothing. Absolutely nothing, Not a single mention of any special result, nor any club that would approach the mentioned name. Moreover, such a city or village does not exist and did not existed in the communist era. So it's a fake report.

 

Sorry Guys :d

You just destroyed an urban myth :p 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

You just destroyed an urban myth :p 

 

anigif_enhanced-2305-1450230472-1.gif

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now