website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Unqualified NOCs

2 hours ago, uk12points said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that in this thread reallocations count as qualified athletes, unlike tripartite invitations.

Therefore in Shooting :BAN Bangladesh, :PAK Pakistan, :MLT Malta, :NEP Nepal, :KOS Kosovo and :NCA Nicaragua could be reallocated a quota and thereofre qualify a legitimate athlete (not tripartite).

Do you think there will be enough re-allocations that nations with only 1 MQS qualify?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Do you think there will be enough re-allocations that nations with only 1 MQS qualify?

I am not sure - but if a few nations reject the reallocations then we could reah quite far down the list. :BAN:PAK:MLT should be safe (if they accept). The others will have to wait and see.

My quick calculation is:

Tripartite reallocation (17 places) :BRN:ROU:SRI(:NED):AZE:EST:LTU:UZB:BAN:COL:PAK:ARM:LIB:MLT:MAR(:RSA):LAT (Unlikely to accept)

But I am not sure from then on how many reallocated quota are left. So :NEP Nepal are a little further off, but with a few remaining quota for reallocation + rejected reallocations they may have a chance.

On 04/03/2016 at 00:25, JoshMartini007 said:
  • :MKD Macedonia - Shooting (Reallocation), Swimming (Men's 400m IM, Women's 200m Free)

I believe Macedonia was awarded a Shooting tripartite place and therefore it is not eligible for a reallocation

5 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

ALL THESE COUNTRIES ARE QUALIFIED shooting?

Not yet or officially - they will all be eligible for reallocation, so most of these countries will be awarded a reallocated quota, but we do not know how many reallocated qouta there are or whether each will accept the reallocation.

1 hour ago, uk12points said:

Not yet or officially - they will all be eligible for reallocation, so most of these countries will be awarded a reallocated quota, but we do not know how many reallocated qouta there are or whether each will accept the reallocation.

Priority of the re-allocation would be the NOC with the highest number of MQS shooters that has not yet obtained a quota place or been granted a Tripartite Commission Invitation. 

Guidelines for re-allocation of unused quota places: Source

Finally :PAK qualifies 100 Kg Judo ....... The classy Shah Hussain Alam ................ The final rankings will not change  till 30th may 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

• 2 weeks later...