Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


dcro

Equestrian 2016 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Vojthas    14

So in fact we will not know the quotas on Monday for sure, unless Stremler gets it, as Aframeeva's and Logutnekova's scores are under FEI's investigation. Until when it has to be confirmed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    779
15 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

So in fact we will not know the quotas on Monday for sure, unless Stremler gets it, as Aframeeva's and Logutnekova's scores are under FEI's investigation. Until when it has to be confirmed?

Yes. Even if FEI doesn't do anything we can expect some appeals, taking to court (CAS) etc etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adriano    6

Beata has a great scores in strong competitions. I had written that she has a very good horse, and she is high level rider, but nobody believe me. Unfortunately Russia and Ukraine are cheating.

Edited by Adriano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    779
13 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Beata has a great scores in strong competitions. I had written that she has a very good horse, and she is high level rider, but nobody believe me. Unfortunately Russia and Ukraine are cheating.

Ukraine's position in equestrian is quite ironic. As we all know, in most of the sports it is Ukraine that is the main victim of Azerbaijani sports politics. But here is different, Ukraine is the Azerbaijan of equestrian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    779
3 hours ago, Vojthas said:

What score must Stremler have to get the quota? 78%? More? Less?

She will compete in Dortmund, which is a CDI5* events. Among other things, CDI5* means that she'll get 10 bonus points per competition.

To have a chance for Rio she will probably need at least 73.500% in Grand Prix and 73.500% in Grand Prix Special or 76.500% in Grand Prix Freestyle. The competition system in Dortmund is such that all athletes compete in Grand Prix and then they decide whether they will also compete in Special or Freestyle (they can't do both).

But it also depends what is her opposition going to do. Logutenkova and Belgians will compete in Lier, Goncalo Carvalho is in Jerez, Judy Reynolds will compete in Doha, Lars Petersen will compete in Wellington. Marina Aframeeva will not compete at all this week so if Beata overtakes her 986 points then there is nothing she can do. Beata will need at least 74.400% in GP or GPS or 77.400% in GPF. But, for example, if she gets 75.000% in GP then she can get 73.800% in GPS, but 75% is a really high score for a World class competition like Dortmund CDI5*.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vojthas    14
Just now, dcro said:

She will compete in Dortmund, which is a CDI5* events. Among other things, CDI5* means that she'll get 10 bonus points per competition.

To have a chance for Rio she will probably need at least 73.500% in Grand Prix and 73.500% in Grand Prix Special or 76.500% in Grand Prix Freestyle. The competition system in Dortmund is such that all athletes compete in Grand Prix and then they decide whether they will also compete in Special or Freestyle (they can't do both).

But it also depends what is her opposition going to do. Logutenkova and Belgians will compete in Lier, Goncalo Carvalho is in Jerez, Judy Reynolds will compete in Doha, Lars Petersen will compete in Wellington. Marina Aframeeva will not compete at all this week so if Beata overtakes her 986 points then there is nothing she can do. Beata will need at least 74.400% in GP or GPS or 77.400% in GPF. But, for example, if she gets 75.000% in GP then she can get 73.800% in GPS, but 75% is a really high score for a World class competition like Dortmund CDI5*.

Thanks a lot. Now we can only wait and hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    779

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    779
4 hours ago, angel esteban said:

EVENTING

results Hastings (NZL)

http://www.equestrianentries.co.nz/resultClass.aspx?RecordId=1447897381&RecordId2=0&RecordId3=6

 

someone has link Quillota?

Well, Hastings is irrelevant for Olympics qualification because only Aussie/Kiwi riders will be there.

As for Quillota, there is no results site. We will wait for FEI to publish complete results, usually on Monday or Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    779

What a performance for Judy Reynolds in Doha! :bowdown: Beautiful. She was inside Olympic qualification zone for a long time, but recently dropped the rankings and was just holding the last RIo place before this. She scored a massive 74.320% today. That's surely gotta be enough for Rio.

 

Some other scores from today. Katherine Berning (RSA) got 64.120% in Doha, not enough to influence Group F rankings. Goncalo Carvalho scored only 71% in Jerez today so he won't improve his points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×