Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

dcro

Equestrian 2016 Discussion Thread

dcro    1,756

Looks like FEI quietly published some rule changes in eventing. http://eventingnation.com/fei-releases-2017-rules-for-eventing/

I guess these are the main changes...

- 2018 World Equestrian Games will have cross-country at 3* star level and will therefore be the first competition where the new Olympic format will be used.

- Jumping outside of flags on cross-country test will now cost 50 penalties instead of an elimination. Athletes, however, are still allowed to ask fence judge if they jumped it correctly (if they didn't then they can jump it again for 20 penalties).

I remember few riders being eliminated in Rio for jumping outside of flags so I guess this is a good solution!

Edited by dcro

dcro    1,756

FEI apparently made few more quiet changes in show jumping, regarding the World Equestrian Games format.

Most notably, the final four individual competition has been quietly buried...

OlympicIRL    709
1 hour ago, dcro said:

FEI apparently made few more quiet changes in show jumping, regarding the World Equestrian Games format.

Most notably, the final four individual competition has been quietly buried...

Sigh, I loved the uniqueness of that part where the four riders had to tackle the course on each others' horses.

dcro    1,756

Nice driving World cup competition in Budapest. Win for :NED Koos de Ronde in front of the home favourite :HUN Jozsef Dobrowitz.

Four-in-hand driving indoor competitions are quite a spectacle. :) Definitely some high-octane action. :d

dcro    1,756

Dressage World Cup Grand Prix in :AUT Salzburg is being held this weekend. :GER Schneider won today's qualifier with 80%, first competition for Schneider/Showtime since Rio. :) Among others, :AUS Kristy Oatley is competing here. With a good result she can really consolidate her position for the World cup final in Omaha next year, what would be quite cool. :) Although, saying that, she had quite a nightmare in today's GP, but luckily for her everyone starts from 0 tomorrow. :d

Tomorrow we also have Jumping WC in :ESP La Coruna.

dcro    1,756

Yes! Kristy nailed it with 77% in freestyle today. :thumbup: She is leading with 6 more to go, what a difference a day makes. :d

dcro    1,756

:COL Carlos Lopez is the winner of the La Coruna Jumping WC. :yes Full results are here http://www.longinestiming.com/#!/equestrian/2016/1267/html/en/longinestiming/resultlist_11.html

Today was also the last WC qualifier for the Central European League in dressage. Top 2 from the league will be going to Omaha, Nebraska for the WC Final next year, and those are :RUS Inessa Merkulova and :BLR Hanna Karasiova. Karasiova's qualification is particulary interesting as she almost never competed outside of Eastern Europe. :d Nevertheless, she is planning to go to Omaha, at least that's what this article says.

Jur    53

Sir Radjah, the horse from Beatriz Ferrer-Salat (Spain), just died while he was being transporte back from a competition yesterday :cry:

dcro    1,756
7 minutes ago, Jur said:

Sir Radjah, the horse from Beatriz Ferrer-Salat (Spain), just died while he was being transporte back from a competition yesterday :cry:

Oh my God, that's terrible news! :cry: I actually watched that competition in Geneva yesterday. This is so unreal and terrible... :(

dcro    1,756

Valegro's retirement ceremony will be held in London today in front of thousands. Talk about a horse being such a star.