Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

dcro

Equestrian 2016 Discussion Thread

heywoodu    3,385
1 hour ago, dcro said:

No, it was about cutting teams altogether from 4 to 3, including the individuals. It was mainly done to bring more flags.

Thanks. The Dutch federation has already been complaining about it and said it was a bad decision for the sport of equestrian :p 

OlympicIRL    1,009
4 hours ago, dcro said:

Btw, @OlympicIRL if Ireland again fails to qualify a jumping team, then really... There are now as much as 20 team jumping quotas. :d

Maybe we will finally make it then!! Though I wonder how they will distribute those quotas.

konig    424

i must acept that is a good new for the argentinian dressage and the eventing, there is more chances to have representation.

mrv86    400

Well I'd like that system to be given a try with only 3 riders, altough I dont't like the "heat" system for Dressage.

dcro    2,854
19 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Thanks. The Dutch federation has already been complaining about it and said it was a bad decision for the sport of equestrian :p 

Of course they complain. :p In any case, some 90% of the nations voted "yes". However, some changes just seem weird and "forced". For example "Conduct Grand Prix Special to music". Music will not be judged and everyone has to perform the movements in the same order anyway. I can already see a lot of random music being played (instead of Freestyle where music actually has to support the test...). :whistle:

heywoodu    3,385
7 minutes ago, dcro said:

I can already see a lot of random music being played

Spoiler

I'd crowdfund a combination to use that during a major event :p 

Edited by heywoodu

dcro    2,854

So these new nations would have qualified for Rio had there been a limit for individuals (max 1 per nation in dressage and jumping, max 2 per nation in eventing).

:BER (dressage and jumping)

:NOR (dressage)

:CZE (eventing)

:KAZ (eventing)

:KSA (jumping)

However, there should be even more new nations as there will be more teams.

hckosice    1,871
9 minutes ago, dcro said:

Here you can test your knowledge of cross-country penalties. :d

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/features/cross-country-circle-20-penalties-528733

Congratulations ! You Got 9/10 :d and I just picked just by chance :lol: the only wrong I had was the second answer... I assume, maybe today is the best time to try some lotto :rofl:

dcro    2,854
1 minute ago, hckosice said:

Congratulations ! You Got 9/10 :d and I just picked just by chance :lol: the only wrong I had was the second answer... I assume, maybe today is the best time to try some lotto :rofl:

Nice :lol:

Unfortunately the order of pictures get mixed randomly for every attempt so I don't know which one you missed. :d

hckosice    1,871
1 minute ago, dcro said:

Nice :lol:

Unfortunately the order of pictures get mixed randomly for every attempt so I don't know which one you missed. :d

ah ok, wel I don´t know which one it was too :rofl: actually when I see it again I don´t remember what I put where, maybe if I´ll retry again the test, I´ll have 0 :d