Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

dcro

Equestrian 2016 Discussion Thread

rybak    149
1 hour ago, dcro said:

Today's update

Lier CDI3* finished today with Grand Prix Special and Freestyle competitions. Jorinde Verwimp scored 73.1% in special, what is not enough to improve her total of 946 points. Jeroen Devroe scored 73.5% in freestyle, also not enough to improve points. So, bad day for Belgium! Their next and final chance is this weekend.

:UKR Inna Logutenkova scored some unreal and fantasy scores. I just won't comment her results anymore... It's incredible what cheaters are ready to do, in any sport, but I'll just wait for something more official.

Live scores and results from Lier competition this week https://concours.nl/wedstrijden/index/view/id/339

So, Logutenkova also overtake Stremler:facepalm:I'm very sad and surprised after this what I read here, especially that yesterday I read an article that we have almost secured two quotas :(

dcro    779
Just now, rybak said:

So, Logutenkova also overtake Stremler:facepalm:I'm very sad and surprised after this what I read here, especially that yesterday I read an article that we have almost secured two quotas :(

Unofficially yes. But this is cheating. In theory Inna should have 964 points after today, but let's not look at that for now. 

FEI has the right to exclude some competitions from Olympic qualification if it was deemed unfair and it should be the case here (if there is any fairness in the World). Official investigaion about Moscow competition started on Monday, we should expect the same here. There were no questionable competitions before this, but cheaters have to cheat eventually...

Just look at this for example. Logutenkova scored a massive 77.850% today. There were 2 Ukrainian judges in competition and their average score was 80.438% (!). Average from the 3 non-Ukrainian judges was 76.125%. I mean, they are not even trying to be discreet, they are just trying to put Logutenkova mathematically in qualification position. 0,1% equals 1 ranking point, so their influence is huge when Olympic qualification is concerned. I have never seen anything like this, NEVER.

MantaRaymarc    25
2 hours ago, dcro said:

UPDATED EVENTING RANKINGS (points difference comparing to FEI February rankings are in brackets)

Group A - :FIN Elmo Jankari 109 (0)

Group B - :ITA Stefano Brecciaroli 227 (0)

Group C - :RUS Aleksandr Markov 266 (0)

Group D - no one ranked, reallocated to overall

Group E - :CHI Carlos Lobos 112 (+71)

Group F - :ZIM Camilla Kruger 53 (0)

Group G - :JPN Yoshiaki Oiwa 195 (0)

Groups A/B/C combined - :BLR Alena Tseliapushkina 260 (0), :SUI Felix Vogg 214 (0)

Groups D/E combined - :PUR Lauren Billys 49 (0), :ECU Ronald Zabala 43 (0)

Groups F/G combined - :CHN Alex Hua Tian 170 (0), :JPN Ryuzo Kitajima 57 (0)

Overall - :RUS Andrey Mitin 180 (0), :ITA Pietro Roman 176 (+55), :RUS Elnira Nabieva 175 (0), :BEL Joris Vanspringel 173 (0), :SUI Melody Johner 169 (+64), :ESP Albert Hermoso Farras 168 (+58), :ITA Vittoria Panizzon 167 (0), :SUI Ben Vogg 148 (0), :BEL Karin Donckers 138 (0)

At the moment Italy, Russia and Switzerland have teams. Switzerland is a big surpise!

What happened to these changes ever since FEI published the rankings as of early February? Are these the latest scores and updates before the official rankings?

rybak    149
Just now, dcro said:

Unofficially yes. But this is cheating. In theory Inna should have 964 points after today, but let's not look at that for now. 

FEI has the right to exclude some competitions from Olympic qualification if it was deemed unfair and it should be the case here (if there is any fairness in the World). Official investigaion about Moscow competition started on Monday, we should expect the same here. There were no questionable competitions before this, but cheaters have to cheat eventually...

Just look at this for example. Logutenkova scored a massive 77.850% today. There were 2 Ukrainian judges in competition and their average score was 80.438% (!). Average from the 3 non-Ukrainian judges was 76.125%. I mean, they are not even trying to be discreet, they are just trying to put Logutenkova mathematically in qualification position. 0,1% equals 1 ranking point, so their influence is huge when Olympic qualification is concerned. I have never seen anything like this, NEVER.

It's so bad and unfair :mad: I hope that FEI will do something with this as you said. I believe that Stremler can reach enough good score to pass those cheaters :fingers:

dcro    779
2 hours ago, rybak said:

It's so bad and unfair :mad: I hope that FEI will do something with this as you said. I believe that Stremler can reach enough good score to pass those cheaters :fingers:

Stremler is great, but it's an uphill battle unfortunately.

I will be angry if Stremler fails to qualify because of Aframeeva and Logutenkova. She is clearly better than those two and she has potential for top 15 place in Rio (or at least top 20). Aframeeva? Meh, maybe top 30, but I doubt it. Logutenkova? Oh yes, she might get 46th or 47th place. ;)

dcro    779
2 hours ago, MantaRaymarc said:

What happened to these changes ever since FEI published the rankings as of early February? Are these the latest scores and updates before the official rankings?

These are updated rankings that I have made. They contain results from competition that happened after FEI's last published rankings.

As for jumping, there are too many competitions and too many various points systems for various competitions so I'm too lazy for that. :p

rybak    149
Just now, dcro said:

Stremler is great, but it's an uphill battle unfortunately.

I will be angry if Stremler fails to qualify because of Aframeeva and Logutenkova. She is clearly better than those two and she has potential for top 15 place in Rio (or at least top 20). Aframeeva? Meh, maybe top 30, but I doubt it. Logutenkova? Oh yes, she might get 46th or 47th place. ;)

Maybe, we will see. Could you give my any informations when FIE will make official decision about those results?

dcro    779
Just now, rybak said:

Maybe, we will see. Could you give my any informations when FIE will make official decision about those results?

I don't know. Probably not before next week.

rybak    149
Just now, dcro said:

I don't know. Probably not before next week.

Ok, but I meant when something will know can you give news? :d

dcro    779
1 minute ago, rybak said:

Ok, but I meant when something will know can you give news? :d

Of course. :d

dcro    779

So, here's the article I've been waiting for. By Astrid Appels, on this Olympic qualification circus that happened in Lier today and yesterday. Although it's wrong about one thing, Belgian riders didn't get any point at the competitions.

http://www.eurodressage.com/equestrian/2016/03/02/logutenkova-wins-big-2016-cdi-lier-olympic-race-scandal-fueled

It's a sad day for the sport really.. "The Olympics seem to bring the worst in people"

Edited by dcro