Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


dcro

Equestrian 2016 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

dcro    965

So, Olympic qualification period finishes on March 6th (this Sunday).

 

To start with here are rankings fromthe beginning of February.

Dressage http://fei.org/system/files/D_rankings_OG_2016_31.1_group.pdf

Eventing http://fei.org/system/files/C_rankings_OG_2016_31.1_group.pdf

Jumping http://fei.org/system/files/S_rankings_OG_2016_31.1_group.pdf

 

I'll post the updated rankings and predictions for mainly dressage and eventing (jumping has way to complicated ranking system, I can only make guesses there :p). FEI usually updates the rankings once a month, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't publish anything before the end of qualification. A lot of things happened in February though!

Edited by dcro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agger    136

Are there any competitions left before the cut or can I feel sure that we will have a full team in dressage? :)

Edit: Just saw that the ranking was from the beginning of the month.

Edited by Agger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    965
3 minutes ago, Agger said:

Are there any competitions left before the cut or can I feel sure that we will have a full team in dressage? :)

At the moment you have, but this week is packed with competitions, especially in dressage! Today we have CDI3* in Lier (BEL). This week we will also have another CDI3* in Lier, CDI4* in Lier, CDI5*s in Doha (QAT) and Dortmund (GER). World Cup in Wellington (USA) and CDI3*s in Jerez (ESP), Hastings (NZL) and Caselle di Sommacampagna (ITA).

Denmark though should safely have at least three quotas. Lars Petersen currently holds the last available quota (and Denmark's 4th) with 955 points, but he will have to confirm it this week (he will compete in Wellington).

 

To explain, CDI5* and World Cup are strongest competitions, followed by CDI4*, followed by CDI3*.

Edited by dcro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agger    136
Just now, dcro said:

At the moment you have, but this week is packed with competitions, especially in dressage! Today we have CDI3* in Lier (BEL). This week we will also have another CDI3* in Lier, CDI4* in Lier, CDI5*s in Doha (QAT) and Dortmund (GER). World Cup in Wellington (USA) and CDI3*s in Jerez (ESP), Hastings (NZL) and Caselle di Sommacampagna (ITA).

Denmark though should safely have at least three quotas. Lars Petersen currently holds the last available quota (and Denmark's 4th) with 955 points, but he will have to confirm it this week (he will compete in Wellington).

Thanks for the info :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    965

UPDATED DRESSAGE RANKINGS (points difference comparing to FEI February rankings are in brackets)

Group A - :DEN Anna Kasprzak 1090 (0), :DEN Mikala Munter Gundersen 1068 (+30)

Group B - :AUT Victoria Max-Theurer 1056 (0), :ITA Valentina Truppa 1027 (0)

Group C - :RUS Inessa Merkulova 1200 (+73), :RUS Marina Aframeeva 986 (+81)

Group D - :CAN Megan Lane 883 (0)

Group E - :DOM Yvonne Losos de Muniz 639 (+12)

Group F - :PLE Christian Zimmermann 711 (+11)

Group G - :NZL Julie Brougham 805 (+3)

Overall - :SUI Marcela Krinke Susmelj 1005 (0), :BEL Fanny Verliefden 1000 (0), :DEN Agnete Kirk Thinggaard 989 (0), :POR Goncalo Carvalho 956 (+16), :IRL Judy Reynolds 955 (0), :DEN Lars Petersen 955 (+36)

 

So, if you compare it with latest FEI rankings from the beginning of February there are a lot of changes. First thing that comes to mind is Russia's incredible gain of points. Although, it looks like Russia cheated to gain those points. Merkulova's new points don't really matter when Olympic qualification is concerned because she has pretty much secured qualification before, but Aframeeva's do. Aframeeva has overtaken Poland's Beata Stremler after breaking her personal best by 6% (!) at competition in Moscow. Fortnuately, it looks like FEI will investigate that case and it's possible that Aframeeva and Merkulova lose new points (what would put Aframeeva out of Olympics). More about that scandal HERE http://www.eurodressage.com/equestrian/2016/03/20/moscow-madness-root-root

People who are close to qualification. :BEL Jorinde Verwimp 946 (+23), :POL Beata Stremler 944 (+20), :DEN Daniel Bachmann 940 (0), :BEL Jeroen Devroe 940 (0).

In Group E :ARG Maria Florencia Manfredi has 612 points and has an outside chance to overtake Yvonne. Meanwhile, :RSA Nicole Smith, who was the only serious opposition to Palestine in Group F failed miserably in Lier yesterday so it looks like Palestine will qualify in dressage, congrats!

Edited by dcro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    965

UPDATED EVENTING RANKINGS (points difference comparing to FEI February rankings are in brackets)

Group A - :FIN Elmo Jankari 109 (0)

Group B - :ITA Stefano Brecciaroli 227 (0)

Group C - :RUS Aleksandr Markov 266 (0)

Group D - no one ranked, reallocated to overall

Group E - :CHI Carlos Lobos 112 (+71)

Group F - :ZIM Camilla Kruger 53 (0)

Group G - :JPN Yoshiaki Oiwa 195 (0)

Groups A/B/C combined - :BLR Alena Tseliapushkina 260 (0), :SUI Felix Vogg 214 (0)

Groups D/E combined - :PUR Lauren Billys 49 (0), :ECU Ronald Zabala 43 (0)

Groups F/G combined - :CHN Alex Hua Tian 170 (0), :JPN Ryuzo Kitajima 57 (0)

Overall - :RUS Andrey Mitin 180 (0), :ITA Pietro Roman 176 (+55), :RUS Elnira Nabieva 175 (0), :BEL Joris Vanspringel 173 (0), :SUI Melody Johner 169 (+64), :ESP Albert Hermoso Farras 168 (+58), :ITA Vittoria Panizzon 167 (0), :SUI Ben Vogg 148 (0), :BEL Karin Donckers 138 (0)

 

At the moment Italy, Russia and Switzerland have teams. Switzerland is a big surpise!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mateusz    20
9 minutes ago, dcro said:

UPDATED EVENTING RANKINGS (points difference comparing to FEI February rankings are in brackets)

Group A - :FIN Elmo Jankari 109 (0)

Group B - :ITA Stefano Brecciaroli 227 (0)

Group C - :RUS Aleksandr Markov 266 (0)

Group D - no one ranked, reallocated to overall

Group E - :CHI Carlos Lobos 112 (+71)

Group F - :ZIM Camilla Kruger 53 (0)

Group G - :JPN Yoshiaki Oiwa 195 (0)

Groups A/B/C combined - :BLR Alena Tseliapushkina 260 (0), :SUI Felix Vogg 214 (0)

Groups D/E combined - :PUR Lauren Billys 49 (0), :ECU Ronald Zabala 43 (0)

Groups F/G combined - :CHN Alex Hua Tian 170 (0), :JPN Ryuzo Kitajima 57 (0)

Overall - :RUS Andrey Mitin 180 (0), :ITA Pietro Roman 176 (+55), :RUS Elnira Nabieva 175 (0), :BEL Joris Vanspringel 173 (0), :SUI Melody Johner 169 (+64), :ESP Albert Hermoso Farras 168 (+58), :ITA Vittoria Panizzon 167 (0), :SUI Ben Vogg 148 (0), :BEL Karin Donckers 138 (0)

 

At the moment Italy, Russia and Switzerland have teams. Switzerland is a big surpise!

 

Where is Pawel Spisak?! :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    965
1 minute ago, Mateusz said:

Where is Pawel Spisak?! :cry:

First under the line with 135 points. Maybe he will compete this weekend at the final qualification event in Europe (in Portugal), but it will be hard for him. :(

Beata Stremler is in a much worse position though. It looks like that Russians basically stole her quota with fixed results and fantasy scores at the qualification event in Moscow. I hope FEI does something about that. If they don't then Beata should definitely take this to court!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mateusz    20
Just now, dcro said:

First under the line with 135 points. Maybe he will compete this weekend at the final qualification event in Europe (in Portugal), but it will be hard for him. :(

Beata Stremler is in a much worse position though. It looks like that Russians basically stole her quota with fixed results and fantasy scores at the qualification event in Moscow. I hope FEI does something about that. If they don't then Beata should definitely take this to court!

Spisak will compete at CCI3* in Barocca d'Alva and Stremler is going to start in CDI5* Dortmund, so hopefully they can do well and get sports for Rio :fingers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    965
Just now, Mateusz said:

Spisak will compete at CCI3* in Barocca d'Alva and Stremler is going to start in CDI5* Dortmund, so hopefully they can do well and get sports for Rio :fingers:

Good for Spisak. I thought that he wouldn't be in Portugal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dcro    965

Today's update

Lier CDI3* finished today with Grand Prix Special and Freestyle competitions. Jorinde Verwimp scored 73.1% in special, what is not enough to improve her total of 946 points. Jeroen Devroe scored 73.5% in freestyle, also not enough to improve points. So, bad day for Belgium! Their next and final chance is this weekend.

:UKR Inna Logutenkova scored some unreal and fantasy scores. I just won't comment her results anymore... It's incredible what cheaters are ready to do, in any sport, but I'll just wait for something more official.

Live scores and results from Lier competition this week https://concours.nl/wedstrijden/index/view/id/339

 

 

Edited by dcro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×