Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

rybak

Tennis 2017 Discussion Thread

Wanderer    214

I would like to see either Zverev or Kyrgios. But Fognini winning it would be epic :cool:

Wanderer    214

Amd what a meltdown for Pliskova... dark days for WTA. Venus and Miki Lucic inspiring stories though ans continued rise of Konta.

Have to add, youngsters are knocking too. Vondrousova, Aiava progressing fast on ITF, fantastic results for Potapova and Anisimova in Curitiba...

Gianlu33    393

Binaghi, Italian Tennis Federation' president, at the WTA/ATP Rome press conference "Federer will not participate in the Rome tournament? I have always supported Nadal" :lol: 

dcro    1,017

Ćorić won his first ATP final after saving 5 (!) match points. :yikes:

Wanderer    214

What a week for WTA. After Italian Tennis Federation rejected Schiavone a wildcard citing she already had MDWC in previous two years but didn't win a single match an so far being very low ranked, she is not the most suitable person for the one. (Errani and Sharapova already awarded MDWC. What was Schiavone's respone - a title in Bogota! With 36 years and more than 9 months old she became the fourth oldest woman to win a title in the Open era. 

On the other side, a 17-year-old Czech girl Marketa Vondroušova won her first title (at her second WTA tournament in career, previous showing in Prague 2016, reaching R16) coming from qualifications.

What I can say for Marketa - I noticed her 3-4 years ago and I liked what I saw. This week she showed so matured tennis. Strong from both wings (fh and bh), great attacking and also defensive skills, variety and touch. Serve solid but also can improve. Mentally tough. Saved 13 BP in the final, several set points in second set and converted the first match point. I am impressed. 

Kontaveit improved a lot. I hope she can break in top 50 very soon. I like her game too.

heywoodu    1,174

So this happened during Krueger - Tiafoe at the Sarasota Challenger...

Sex sounds being heard, with people thinking it's coming from a phone....only to discover it's definitely not coming from a phone :roflmao:

Especially Tiafoe's reaction after 2 minutes: "It can't be THAT good!" :rofl:

The incredibly awkward mother very awkwardly trying to make her son cover his ears (most likely knowing very well what's going on, come on, it's the internet age) is pure comedy gold as well :d