Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

rybak

Tennis 2017 Discussion Thread

400 posts in this topic

Karlovic - Zeballos getting to 5 hours, this is getting awesome :clap:

Finally, thank goodness... now there's only 3 more pairs I'm waiting to win my ticket on bet. :d

1 hour ago, crovitlaci said:

Wasn't that idiotic rule about playing 5 sets till infinity abolished recently? Because Karlović and Zeballos are now probably gonna play for the rest of the tournament.

Only by the capitalistic americans and the ever so diminishing Davis Cup i think. 

Almost all my faves are already out :cry:

So today Mirjana Lučić-Baroni won her first match at Australian Open since 1998 (19 years ago). :d

AO in general hasn't been exactly our favorite slam tournament. Coric still hasn't won a match there, Cilic hasn't gone past round 3 since 2011. At least Karlovic should now be able to reach 3rd round, which he also hasn't accomplished since 2012.

Wawrinka against Kyrgios in 4th round should be interesting. I'd hope for Wawrinka to win, but I would bet on Kyrgios this time.

Also, Luxembourg with a population of 500,000 has two players in 2nd round of Australian Open.:yes

Nevermind the Kyrgios-Wawrinka match, because the Australian has lost to Seppi. Cilic is also out, which I somehow expected. Bad start into the year for him.

Istomin is doing an awesome job against Djokovic so far! 

Break for Istomin in the 5th set :yikes:

Wow, Istomin did it! :hyper:

Is this real life :woot: First time Djonko loses in the second round at a GS since Wimby 2008. 

Radwanska out as well :yikes:

Wow Mikica. :d

Edited by dcro

Really? This is a total debacle. I don't know what to say, but this is a sign that he has to change a lot of things. First coach. Of course If he want to win big tournaments like GS or atp 1000. If not then ok. His time has not passed yet, he is best ages for tennis. This is crises, and not small.

I hope that player without GS will win this. Maybe it is not realistic now, but who know miracles happen :lol: 

Im happy for Lucic Baroni. I have read her life story recently and I wish her only good things in the rest of life. And also I hope that Kerber and Serena will not win this :d

Edited by dareza

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Is this real life :woot: First time Djonko loses in the second round at a GS since Wimby 2008. 

and first time against non top 100 player :d