Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

rybak

Tennis 2017 Discussion Thread

Federer91    175
10 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Tennis thread looks quiet. Probably resembling the quality of matches, both WTA and ATP.

No big events in february. :sleep: Though i'm happy to see Fed play again this week. :banana:

heywoodu    907
1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

WTA of Rome gave a wild card to Sharapova :sick: 

Logically :p 

heywoodu    907

What a day for Dutch tennis!

Spoiler

Lesley Kerkhove in the quarter finals of a WTA tournament (Kuala Lumpur) and Robin Haase beat Tomas Berdych in Dubai :yikes:

Berdych had some break points when Haase was serving for the match, which is when Haase normally neatly deposits the ball into the net and lets himself be broken, but he actually finished it off this time :yikes:

Happy Robin :clap:

Spoiler

5Wp4UVT.gif

ca3ac20898.gif

55072681a230a-haase12.gif

crovitlaci    33
18 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Tennis thread looks quiet. Probably resembling the quality of matches, both WTA and ATP.

Totally agree.

Wanderer    112
9 hours ago, Federer91 said:

No big events in february. :sleep: Though i'm happy to see Fed play again this week. :banana:

WTA Dubai? :whistle::roflmao:

Fed lost to Donskoy, how did that happen? :woot:

2 hours ago, crovitlaci said:

Totally agree.

ATP is still holding so-so, but WTA sinking deeper and deeper. Though, I am glad for some players making noise, or blooming after years of non-existence.

Federer91    175
27 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Fed lost to Donskoy, how did that happen? :woot:

Yeah, i spoke too soon. :d Total mugfest by Roger, lost so many vital leads, that i don't think anyone know how it happened.

dareza    264
On 1.3.2017. at 00:23, Wanderer said:

and what to say about Serbian players atm :( I don;t remember such a bad results..... only good result this year was fed cup. so sad.

Edited by dareza

Майкл    137
On 1.3.2017. at 00:21, Wanderer said:

And is playing Kuala Lumpur the week after :wacko: 

She probably wanted appearance fee :rofl: 

Wanderer    112
29 minutes ago, Майкл said:

She probably wanted appearance fee :rofl: 

Most likely. Wondering what was the sum lol

I kinda hoped Peng could win the title (was convinced Elina would withdraw at some point) but now Barty winning the title would be amazing :hearts: 

Wanderer    112
20 hours ago, dareza said:

and what to say about Serbian players atm :( I don;t remember such a bad results..... only good result this year, was fed cup so sad.

From bunch of current Serbian players I don't see any top prospect. Maybe one or two top 20... But you never know.

Danilovic is yet to be seen; Jorovic still without any semi-breakthrough result... Kecmanovic will need much more time for a breakthrough too...

It was amazing while it lasted :) And still we can hope for some old-Nole flashes of brilliance (aka Doha 2017 final :hearts:)