website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2017 Discussion Thread

thiago_simoes

So, the Asian Championships are underway and we got to see some nice surprises so far.

First, Pranati Nayak from India earned a bronze medal on vault. As of now, there are no official results, but a Twitter account mentions she earned a medal. This is very surprising, and this makes me happy. I really hope someone has recorded her vaults.

We also have medalists from Iran, Hong Kong and Chinese Taipei. It's always nice when different countries make it to the podium.

Finally, the Chinese girls are on fire with HUGE scores on beam. I'm speechless at their qualification scores and I'm looking forward to a great performance tomorrow as well.

EDIT: It looks like India did not get a medal after all. Still no official results. Asian Gymnastics Union sucks.

Edited by thiago_simoes

Em 4/22/2017 at 09:00, dcro disse:

I think that's because the code of points has been changed after RIo 2016. Scores in 2017 appear to be quite a bit lower.

My reply is somewhat late, but you are right.

Women's scores had a 0.5 decrease on Balance Beam, Uneven Bars and Floor. Vault scores had, roughly, a 0.4 decrease compared to last year.

Edited by thiago_simoes

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2017 at 14:08, hckosice said:

15 years old British talent Chiara Bunce will represent Slovakia since this season. FIG approved the nationality change of the athlete. Chiara will represent Slovakia at next EYOF and from next year will participate in senior level

source in SVK http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/267051/sportova-gymnastika-slovensku-reprezentaciu-posilni-britka-bunceova/

And she did qualified for the All-Around final :cheer:

8 horas atrás, hckosice disse:

And she did qualified for the All-Around final :cheer:

Nice! 

Are there any good gymnasts in Slovakia other than Bunce and Barbora Mokošová? I wonder if Slovakia can put together a full team for the 2018 World Championships. 

14 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Nice! 

Are there any good gymnasts in Slovakia other than Bunce and Barbora Mokošová? I wonder if Slovakia can put together a full team for the 2018 World Championships. 

Yes, really awesome. :) It was her first international competition, She qualified as 23rd and finished 22nd. I think it´s a very good result considering our standards :)

Well, honestly I have no idea. Certainly there some other girls but their level surely is not quite enough for such competitions right now. Btw in This EYOF we also competed in womens team event and the girls (Chiara Bunce, Karolína Takáčová and Kristína Pýchova) finished 15th out of 37 countries, as I read the reactions our coach was really delighted :d

Em 7/28/2017 at 10:39, hckosice disse:

Yes, really awesome. :) It was her first international competition, She qualified as 23rd and finished 22nd. I think it´s a very good result considering our standards :)

Well, honestly I have no idea. Certainly there some other girls but their level surely is not quite enough for such competitions right now. Btw in This EYOF we also competed in womens team event and the girls (Chiara Bunce, Karolína Takáčová and Kristína Pýchova) finished 15th out of 37 countries, as I read the reactions our coach was really delighted :d

This is great! Considering Romania finished 10th, this is not so far behind. Slovakia even finished ahead of Belarus, which hired the former head coach of team Brazil (Ukrainian Oleg Ostapenko). Very good result.

• 4 weeks later...

Team Brazil at the World Championships:

Men: Arthur Zanetti, Arthur Nory Mariano, Caio Souza, Francisco Barretto Júnior
Women: Rebeca Andrade, Thais Fidelis

Jade Barbosa and Flávia Saraiva are injured, and both Daniele Hypólito and Carolyne Pedro did not reach minimum requirements for making the team. 

• 2 weeks later...

Samir Aït Saïd, the guy that many probably remember as "that gymnast who had that horrible accident during the Rio Games" has jumped back to competition this week-end during the french internationals and managed to secure its place in the final tomorrow.

He scored 14.900 points which is eactly the score he needed to be in Montréal.

Edited by De_Gambassi