website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics 2017 Discussion Thread

thiago_simoes

• 2 months later...

15 years old British talent Chiara Bunce will represent Slovakia since this season. FIG approved the nationality change of the athlete. Chiara will represent Slovakia at next EYOF and from next year will participate in senior level

source in SVK http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/267051/sportova-gymnastika-slovensku-reprezentaciu-posilni-britka-bunceova/

Can someone (that remotely follows gymnastics) tell me if the world cup in Baku was a serious occasion or did the good athletes skip this competition? Because I've noticed that Lithuania snatched two medals and I am wondering if it's something promissing or is he just performing well, because the competition is weak.

16 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Can someone (that remotely follows gymnastics) tell me if the world cup in Baku was a serious occasion or did the good athletes skip this competition? Because I've noticed that Lithuania snatched two medals and I am wondering if it's something promissing or is he just performing well, because the competition is weak.

We won some medals too, however it doesn't appear like the competition was particularly strong. World Cups in gymnastics are usually not something what the best athletes attend, but this one in Baku didn't even have the best Azerbaijani gymnasts.

#banbestmen

51 minutes ago, dcro said:

We won some medals too, however it doesn't appear like the competition was particularly strong. World Cups in gymnastics are usually not something what the best athletes attend, but this one in Baku didn't even have the best Azerbaijani gymnasts.

Alright, thanks for the info, that's pretty much the conclusion that I came up with after I saw the gold, bronze and 6th place :p

Em 19/03/2017 at 14:48, Werloc disse:

Alright, thanks for the info, that's pretty much the conclusion that I came up with after I saw the gold, bronze and 6th place :p

Still, a gold medal is a marvelous international result for Lithuania. Congratulations! :toast:

• 2 weeks later...

This link shows some news (in Portuguese) about Brazil's participation at the 2017 Jesolo Trophy. What surprised me is that Roger Medina, coach of newcomer Thais Fidelis, believes she will win a medal at the World Championships. Now, this is totally uncommon in Brazil. In every interview they say they will aim for solid routines, never for a medal. I'm surprised they are so confident right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Em 31/03/2017 at 20:45, thiago_simoes disse:

This link shows some news (in Portuguese) about Brazil's participation at the 2017 Jesolo Trophy. What surprised me is that Roger Medina, coach of newcomer Thais Fidelis, believes she will win a medal at the World Championships. Now, this is totally uncommon in Brazil. In every interview they say they will aim for solid routines, never for a medal. I'm surprised they are so confident right now.

I'm surprised also. If Brazil manages to win any medal in WAG, I will be more than happy.

• 3 weeks later...