Weightlifting 2017 Discussion Thread

uk12points

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 21.3.2017. at 19:06, thepharoah said:

world youth championship will be held in Thailand from 3-10 April and this the main qualifying event for YOG 2018 , any info about start lists ? 

http://www.iwf.net/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2017/03/COMPETITORS_by_category_0323.pdf

There's a 15-year old Dutch guy and he's even in the top half of the entry weights :yikes:

Apparently he also broke a CJ European U15 record last December, we might actually have somewhat of a talent here...which would be awesome, because weightlifting was immensely popular on the biggest Dutch forum during the Olympics :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

There's a 15-year old Dutch guy and he's even in the top half of the entry weights :yikes:

Apparently he also broke a CJ European U15 record last December, we might actually have somewhat of a talent here...which would be awesome, because weightlifting was immensely popular on the biggest Dutch forum during the Olympics :d 

I wonder who was responsible for that. :d

#banbestmen

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

I wonder who was responsible for that. :d

Not entirely me to be honest, the Olympic 'subforum' is always very busy on that forum, especially for sports that are both easy to follow (you make a lift or you don't) and are streamed live on the public broadcaster's website :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not entirely me to be honest, the Olympic 'subforum' is always very busy on that forum, especially for sports that are both easy to follow (you make a lift or you don't) and are streamed live on the public broadcaster's website :d 

Nothing is that simple. Have you forgot about that elbow rule? :p

#banbestmen

37 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Clarence Cummings Jr. - Men's -62kg - entry weight of 321kg

Yevhenii Nykonenko - Men's -85kg - entry weight of 300kg

Really? :d

just remind you that these entries means absolutely nothing, they will apply their real entries one day before the competition at the general meeting.

even though having a very high entry for Clarence Cummings is no surprise.

• 1 month later...