website statistics

Triathlon 2017 Discussion Thread

uk12points

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

This week's event in Rotterdam is being billed as world champs everywhere, even in the time schedule, but is that correct? I mean, winning in Rotterdam doesn't make you world champion by definition, does it? As far as I know, it's 'just' the final stage of the World Series and whoever has the most points is world champion, sort of like in Formula 1 or MotoGP..

Program_ITU_Grand_Final_Total-website.jp

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This week's event in Rotterdam is being billed as world champs everywhere, even in the time schedule, but is that correct? I mean, winning in Rotterdam doesn't make you world champion by definition, does it? As far as I know, it's 'just' the final stage of the World Series and whoever has the most points is world champion, sort of like in Formula 1 or MotoGP..

Yeah... It's sort of ridiculous that triathlon doesn't have "normal" World Championships.

#banbestmen

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Program_ITU_Grand_Final_Total-website.jp

Exactly. World titles will be awarded to the winners of Junior, Under 23, and the huge numbers of Age Groups. The Elite triathlon will be "only" the last stage of the World Series so the final ranking of the World Series will not be the same of this race.

Anyway, as you can see in the results thread, a bigger amount of points are awarded for this stage.