Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Boxing 2017 Discussion Thread

Dragon    272
On 6/21/2017 at 20:01, bestmen said:

and 8 quota for europe is unjust , europe is not the best continent of boxing

america/asia are much more powerful

Amount of quotas is decided by success at previous World Championships.

Because European boxers have won the most medals at the last 3 championships they get more quota

hckosice    1,889

and she did it again :thumbup: Yesterday she retained her title

Congrats Jess ! :cheer:

hckosice    1,889
On 10. 7. 2017 at 19:03, hckosice said:

and she did it again :thumbup: Yesterday she retained her title

Congrats Jess ! :cheer:

And here we go...Jess will very likely compete for Azerbaijan :cry: Her coach and father announced that the Azeri already contacted them with great offer of citizenship, interesting salary, a individual coaching staff and many others different benefits...(source in SVK article : like Kenya winning Ice Hockey Championships https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/285851/ako-keby-kena-vyhrala-sampionat-v-hokeji/ )

I mean this really sucks..she is only 16 for god sake, we will never have again any similar talent in this sport, and such big country only wait to stole everything everywhere..really unfair..

dcro    2,876
18 minutes ago, hckosice said:

And here we go...Jess will very likely compete for Azerbaijan :cry: Her coach and father announced that the Azeri already contacted them with great offer of citizenship, interesting salary, a individual coaching staff and many others different benefits...(source in SVK article : like Kenya winning Ice Hockey Championships https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/285851/ako-keby-kena-vyhrala-sampionat-v-hokeji/ )

I mean this really sucks..she is only 16 for god sake, we will never have again any similar talent in this sport, and such big country only wait to stole everything everywhere..really unfair..

:facepalm:

heywoodu    3,425

No way you can blame her and her father (I mean, who's gonna say no to a shitload of money and financial security for probably a long time?), but damn, I f*cking hate those Azerbaijan sports rats. 

dcro    2,876
13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No way you can blame her and her father (I mean, who's gonna say no to a shitload of money and financial security for probably a long time?), but damn, I f*cking hate those Azerbaijan sports rats. 

And buying the 16 year olds. I guess we can conclude that there are no children in Azerbaijan...

OlympicIRL    1,014
1 hour ago, dcro said:

And buying the 16 year olds. I guess we can conclude that there are no children in Azerbaijan...

They have a two-pronged attack.... buy the best athletes and according to BBC investigation prior to London 2012, they also pay money to buy some guaranteed golds:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/sport/2011/sep/23/boxing-azerbaijan-medals-cash

bestmen    958

FOR THE 1RST TIME CUBA LOST THE TITLE

Kazakhstan won the world series of boxing 2017 , :KAZ 6-5  :CUB 

World Series of Boxing - final

Astana Arlans - Cuba Domadores 6:5

Sports Palace, Astana, Kazakhstan

2017-07-15 49kg Temirtas Zhusupov KZK Astana Arlans Yoahnys Argilago CUB Cuba Domadores 3:0
2017-07-15 52kg Yosvany Veitia CUB Cuba Domadores Olzhas Sattibayev KZK Astana Arlans 3:0
2017-07-15 56kg Ilyas Suleymanov KZK Astana Arlans Javier Ibanez CUB Cuba Domadores 3:0
2017-07-15 60kg Zakir Safiullin KZK Cuba Domadores Lazaro Alvarez CUB Cuba Domadores 2:1
2017-07-15 64kg Andy Cruz CUB Astana Arlans Dilmurat Mizhitov KZK Astana Arlans 2:1
2017-07-15 69kg Aslanbek Shymbergenov KZK Astana Arlans Rosniel Iglesias CUB Cuba Domadores 3:0
2017-07-15 75kg Arlen Lopez CUB Cuba Domadores Abilkhan Amankul KZK Astana Arlans 3:0
2017-07-15 81kg Julio Cesar de la Cruz CUB Cuba Domadores Arman Ryspek KZK Astana Arlans 3:0
2017-07-15 91kg Erislandy Savon CUB Cuba Domadores Anton Pinchuk KZK Astana Arlans 3:0
2017-07-15 +91kg Olzhas Bukayev KZK Astana Arlans Yoandris Toirac CUB Cuba Domadores 3:0
2017-07-15 52kg Olzhas Bayniyazov KZK Astana Arlans Frank Saldivar CUB Cuba Domadores 3:0

heywoodu    3,425

Next Saturday we'll see one fight that can be expected to be just fantastic: Terence Crawford vs Julius Indongo, with a grand total of 6 world titles on the line.

Definitely cheering for Indongo, the way he beat Burns in April was fantastic :bowdown: