Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
bestmen

Boxing 2017 Discussion Thread

Federer91    179
16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I hope so, like most boxing fans I guess :p  (nothing against Pulev, but I doubt most neutral boxing fans would care much for Joshua vs Pulev instead of Joshua vs Wilder/Fury/Parker)

I hope Fury because it'd be awesome if Joshua could punch the living daylight out of that idiot, whereas I hope Wilder because then Wilder would get some real opposition :p 

Well Pulev has earned a mandatory match for the title, whether it would be interesting or not. :evil: Belive me, i know that AJ would probably knock the stars out of him, but still he deserves his shot. Especially since there have been some random champions that have benefited from the "insert number here" organizations. For me Parker isn't better than Pulev, certanly his record is worse, but because of good managing was able to snatch one of the lesser belts. 

bestmen    355

World Series of Boxing , Cuba lost the semifinal  vs Colombia:yikes:

m0m.jpg

bestmen    355

i was wrong MRj.jpgthis is the 1 rst round of the semi , and today Cuba defeated Colombia 5-0 in havana and of course qualified to the final

in total 7-3

Federer91    179

European Championships this week and as with everything boxing the available information on the web is scarce. All 1/4-lists per categorie go to the World Championships.

phelps    106
1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

European Championships this week and as with everything boxing the available information on the web is scarce. All 1/4-lists per categorie go to the World Championships.

well, this time we have a slightly better coverage than usual...

results are on the usual website (EUBC's home), so nothing new compared to the past, but at least now we have full video coverage on youtube (both Ring A and B, live and also on demand)...

by the way, new Olympic cycle, but old style robberies here and there...:facepalm:

but I didn't expect anything different...:whistle:

bestmen    355

except the world ranking , the finalists of the continental championships will qualify to the World Boxing hamburg 2017?

or just the Gold medalists ? i didn't find any rules

dareza    302
7 minutes ago, bestmen said:

except the world ranking , the finalists of the continental championships will qualify to the World Boxing hamburg 2017?

or just the Gold medalists ? i didn't find any rules

http://iaba.ie/site3/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Boxing2017-AIBA-World-Boxing-Championships-Qualification-System-1.pdf

For Africa top 4.

bestmen    355

and 8 quota for europe is unjust , europe is not the best continent of boxing

america/asia are much more powerful

dcro    845

Damir Plantić secured a medal in the light heavyweight category. :yes

Nice to see that we still have good boxers after both of our Rio Olympians switched to pros.

bestmen    355

in women's for the 1rst time we have 6 finalists , go go Rocky girls :woot:

while the men's failed completly :water:

Federer91    179

Very disappointing championships for us, only 2 quotas for the Worlds... :facepalm: Only Daniel Asenov had a great performance in reaching the final and going for a defence of his 2015 title.