website statistics

Boxing 2017 Discussion Thread

bestmen

On 6/21/2017 at 20:01, bestmen said:

and 8 quota for europe is unjust , europe is not the best continent of boxing

america/asia are much more powerful

Amount of quotas is decided by success at previous World Championships.

Because European boxers have won the most medals at the last 3 championships they get more quota

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10. 7. 2017 at 19:03, hckosice said:

and she did it again :thumbup: Yesterday she retained her title

Congrats Jess ! :cheer:

And here we go...Jess will very likely compete for Azerbaijan :cry: Her coach and father announced that the Azeri already contacted them with great offer of citizenship, interesting salary, a individual coaching staff and many others different benefits...(source in SVK article : like Kenya winning Ice Hockey Championships https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/285851/ako-keby-kena-vyhrala-sampionat-v-hokeji/ )

I mean this really sucks..she is only 16 for god sake, we will never have again any similar talent in this sport, and such big country only wait to stole everything everywhere..really unfair..

18 minutes ago, hckosice said:

And here we go...Jess will very likely compete for Azerbaijan :cry: Her coach and father announced that the Azeri already contacted them with great offer of citizenship, interesting salary, a individual coaching staff and many others different benefits...(source in SVK article : like Kenya winning Ice Hockey Championships https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/285851/ako-keby-kena-vyhrala-sampionat-v-hokeji/ )

I mean this really sucks..she is only 16 for god sake, we will never have again any similar talent in this sport, and such big country only wait to stole everything everywhere..really unfair..

:facepalm:

#banbestmen

No way you can blame her and her father (I mean, who's gonna say no to a shitload of money and financial security for probably a long time?), but damn, I f*cking hate those Azerbaijan sports rats. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!