website statistics

Athletics 2017 Discussion Thread

bestmen

Just now, heywoodu said:

Yes I know they were together, but you know, there's always the hope that someone doesn't stay together with a moron like that :p 

Well, she ain't the smartest tool in the shed either. Plus the whole pregnancy thing didn't make it easy to break it off even if she wanted to (the pregnancy was not planned, since she had a qualification to RIO 2016 and there was this huge scandal with our federation and funding). Anyways, they married a fair while ago and she had already signed the paperwork for the surname change, I don't know why it's taking so long, but I'm guessing that it should be ready for the World Championships though. On top of that, the kid's named Richard as well and naming your children after your name is one of the biggest pet peeves for me. Like, how egotistical you have to be to destine your son to being Richard Junior... Aghhhh

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Well, she ain't the smartest tool in the shed either. Plus the whole pregnancy thing didn't make it easy to break it off even if she wanted to (the pregnancy was not planned, since she had a qualification to RIO 2016 and there was this huge scandal with our federation and funding). Anyways, they married a fair while ago and she had already signed the paperwork for the surname change, I don't know why it's taking so long, but I'm guessing that it should be ready for the World Championships though. On top of that, the kid's named Richard as well and naming your children after your name is one of the biggest pet peeves for me. Like, how egotistical you have to be to destine your son to being Richard Junior... Aghhhh

"Well, she ain't the smartest tool in the shed either." :lol:

To be fair, Richard Kilty seems exactly the kind of person who would name every one of his sons Richard as well. Because Richard Kilty is the world and everybody should bow for The Great Richard Kilty. 

I prefer Justin Gatlin taking a double Olympic gold than Richard Kilty appearing in the final, that says something :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

"Well, she ain't the smartest tool in the shed either." :lol:

To be fair, Richard Kilty seems exactly the kind of person who would name every one of his sons Richard as well. Because Richard Kilty is the world and everybody should bow for The Great Richard Kilty. 

Hopefully no more sons then :d

And as for Dovilė, well, she ignored e-mails from our federation and started a bickering war on Facebook and through media how they were cutting off her Olympic funding, because she got pregnant. This lead our athletics federation president to share the e-mails on Facebook for everyone to see, the roasts were funny as hell :d This is still the reason why everyone is speculating that she might change nationality to GB, because there were many instances where she claimed that our federation does not care about her (paid for her expenses of training in Spain). Also, she had major arguments with her former triple jump coach (same Spain), whom is going to train our newest triple jump prospect Diana Zagainova from next year.

The european U20 championships overall wont be as strong as the U23 championships, but i think that in some disciplines the level might be better than at the U23 championships. In mens pole vault it might take 5.70 m to medal and in womens heptathlon it will probably take 6100 points to medal. In addition to that i clearly prefer Grosseto compared to Bydgoszcz, we can see the first international competitions of some future stars (Tortu, Ingebrigtsen, Duplantis, Raffin, Ruckstuhl) and the results will be pretty unpredictable, considering the age of those athletes. Sadly Tortu will only compete in one event, but there are other athletes who could win multiple individual golds (Sclabas in womens 1500/3000 m, Ingebrigtsen in mens 1500/5000/3000 m SC, Ruckstuhl in womens heptathlon/javelin throw). I think Switzerland might even win the medal table ...

Italy looks also strong, they should win at least 3 gold medals, Finland also seems to have some nice talents, as well as Slovenia and the Czech Republic.

About the U23 championships:

I think only the following talents might medal at world championships in the future:

Klosterhalfen, Can, Visser, the ukrainian girls in high jump, maybe Moser (unlikely), Kolak (of course), Warholm, maybe Heß or Babayev (unlikely), Bukowiecki (of course)

I know its early to say, but if we look back at the results of the U20/U23 european championships from this year in a couple of years, we will probably see that more (future) stars competed at the U20 european championships that year.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

9.gif

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Some interesting videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaazunECTQY (Training diaries with Aries Merritt)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxDjPO_w6cs (Training diaries with Allyson Felix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fApj5HeTGic (Training diaries with Rana Reider)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytc5k4JB_ek (Training diaries with Ekaterini Stefanidi)

By the way: Womens triple jump at the U23 european championships was the most beautiful event ever ... Rouguy Diallo and Fatima Diame ... wow ... !

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Team Canada at Worlds

Men

100m: Andre De Grasse, Gavin Smellie

200m: Andre De Grasse, Aaron Brown

800m: Brandon McBride

5000m: Mohammed Ahmed, Justyn Knight

10000m: Mohammed Ahmed

110mH: Johnathan Cabral

3000m SC: Matthew Hughes

HJ: Derek Drouin, Michael Mason

PV: Shawnacy Barber

SP: Tim Nedow

4x100m: Mobolade Ajomale, Aaron Brown, Andre De Grasse, Akeem Haynes, Brendan Rodney, Gavin Smellie

Marathon: Eric Gillis, Thomas Toth

20km RW: Ben Thorne

50km RW: Mathieu Bilodeau, Evan Dunfee

Women

100m: Crystal Emmanuel

200m: Crystal Emmanuel

400m: Travia Jones, Carline Muir, Aiyanna Stiverne

800m: Melissa Bishop

1500m: Nicole Sifuentes, Gabriela Stafford

5000m: Jessica O'Connell, Andrea Seccafien

10000m: Rachel Cliff, Lanni Marchant, Natasha Wodak

100mH: Phylicia George

400mH: Noelle Montcalm, Sage Watson

LJ: Christabel Nettey

PV: Alysha Newman, Anicka Newell

HT: Jillian Weir

JT: Elizabeth Gleadle

SP: Brittany Crew

4x400m: Travia Jones, Natassha McDonald, Noelle Montcalm, Carline Muir, Aiyanna Stiverne, Sage Watson

Marathon: Rachel Hannah, Tarah Korir, Dayna Pidhoresky

Edited by juddy96