website statistics

Athletics 2017 Discussion Thread

bestmen

Just now, dcro said:

They all moved away? :p Wasn't that a condition for Rio 2016?

I'm not sure, but I do believe for example Klichina was cleared pretty early because she mostly lives in the US? :mumble:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Normally I'd love to watch both, but U18 WCH this year is sort of a B-tournament because of the many absent nations and European U23....I don't know, if it's live on TV I'll watch it :p (and in the end I'll end up watching U18 WCH as well of course :d )

Well, Eurosport seems primarily focused on U18, but as I assume they're only showing the evening sessions. I think I'll have to have excel files of our start times, two livestreams running, about 4-5 live results pages running and jumping constantly between them, which will probably resemble work more than entertainment.

8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

a lot of top athletes did not compete and there was rampant cheating among Indian technical officials

Source for claiming rampant cheating? The only story about AAC and cheating I could find using Google News was 800m Women race where Indian runner was disqualified for blocking Sri Lankan runner. 

16 minutes ago, Dolby said:

Source for claiming rampant cheating? The only story about AAC and cheating I could find using Google News was 800m Women race where Indian runner was disqualified for blocking Sri Lankan runner. 

Better choice of wording would be inconsistent. Here is one example

But this event was well organized and had a lot of attention to detail, which I found surprising considering they had only 90 days to prepare for it.

14 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Toth to miss World Championships after IAAF doping investigation :yikes:What shock. @hckosice any news from your medias?

Yep, we already knew about some rumors during last few days. Apparently (as he said) he had some abnormalities in his biological passport this summer after his injury. We know nothing more, but apparently it has nothing to do with previous years results, He was never caught during all his career. The problem happened last month. when they found some differences in his biological passport values in comparison of previous years (which as they wrote him doesn´t automatically mean a doping) IAAF and WADA now just accordig to the rules suspended him until the investigations will be over and asked him to explain the reasons of these changes. He said he is working with different medical experts to try to explain that it´s not about doping but because of health problems...but well, who know, we have to wait and see...

His official statement can be find here in slovak https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/284943/matej-toth-nebude-startovat-na-ms-ma-nezrovnalosti-v-biologickom-pase/

vor 2 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

Apparently you have missed the part where Kuchina got married, became Lasitskene and has been competing as a neutral athlete in international competitions for quite some time now, absolutely dominating the women's high jump while coming only 3cm from the world record? 

No, i followed her recent results very closely and thats also one of the reasons why i hoped that Kuchina wouldnt be allowed to compete. With the russian doping history her recent results are absolutely outrageous, she must feel untouchable. I guess she is allowed to compete? (Thanks for not answering my question by the way)

Everyone who is allowed to compete in diamond league is also allowed to compete at world championships?

I dont really care whether russian athletes compete for Russia or not, in the end they will all by honored by Putin if they win anything, noone will be fooled by this stupid trick, IAAF cant seriously think that everyone forgot already.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb dcro:

Surprised how many top Russians suddenly became eligible...

IAAF's strategy is obvious, just wait and hope that everyone forgets ... i still wonder what actually changed in Russia?

You also have to wonder if it was really and incident that the list with all the supposedly doped athletes (Jager, Farah and so on) was "stolen" recently and didnt contain a single russian athlete ... i guess this shows that all nations are equally dirty, so we can as well allow Russia to compete?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.