website statistics

Athletics 2017 Discussion Thread

bestmen

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The IAAF Doping Review Board has agreed that the applications of 16 Russian athletes have met the exceptional eligibility criteria to compete in international competition as neutral athletes under competition Rule 22.1A(b) while the Russian national federation (RusAF) remains suspended," a statement declared.

These 16 are: Alexsandr Menkov, Ilya Shkurenev, Irina Gordeeva, Alexsadr Lesnoi, Valentin Smirnov, Alexey Fedorov,   Viktor Butenko, Iuliia Maltseva, Timofey Chalyy, Danil Danilov, Irina Gemeniuk, Viktoriia Prokopenko, Alena Maminia, Viacheslav Kolesnichenko, Konstantin Lyadusov and Olga Eliseeva.

33 minutes ago, dareza said:

Ilya Shkurenev

:cheer:

Spoiler

beijing-china-28th-aug-2015-ilya-shkuren

9e175969-7183-427f-8552-78bf7a60a355.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Is Kuchina allowed to compete? Hopefully not ...

Is there actually any russian athlete that isnt allowed to compete?

Does IAAF think that everyone forgot that the whole russian team is dirty or do they just not care what the people who finance this sport think?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

31 minutes ago, Werloc said:

My body is not ready to watch U18 WCH and U23 ECH simultaneously :d At least I can chill on Wednesday, when U23 has not started yet.

Normally I'd love to watch both, but U18 WCH this year is sort of a B-tournament because of the many absent nations and European U23....I don't know, if it's live on TV I'll watch it :p (and in the end I'll end up watching U18 WCH as well of course :d )

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Is Kuchina allowed to compete? Hopefully not ...

Apparently you have missed the part where Kuchina got married, became Lasitskene and has been competing as a neutral athlete in international competitions for quite some time now, absolutely dominating the women's high jump while coming only 3cm from the world record? 

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Surprised how many top Russians suddenly became eligible...

Everyone suddenly of course lives in clean countries like the US, because of the green card lottery :evil: