website statistics

Athletics 2017 Discussion Thread

bestmen

29 minutes ago, dareza said:

13 years old :SRB Adriana Vilagos 50.93 in javelin throw (500g) :yikes::bowdown:

That's a solid worldwide top-40 for women's youth...not bad considering most others in the youth category are 3-4 years older :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dareza said:

Alexis Copello will represent Azerbaijan in future. New sad news for sport.

Thank you Cuba for being a miserable hellhole people want to run away from.

My favourite triple jumper Pedro Pablo Pichardo also ran away from Cuba and has now signed with Benfica in Portugal, I wonder if that's the country he'll represent. Again, thank you Cuba for being a miserable hellhole people want to run away from. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Thank you Cuba for being a miserable hellhole people want to run away from.

My favourite triple jumper Pedro Pablo Pichardo also ran away from Cuba and has now signed with Benfica in Portugal, I wonder if that's the country he'll represent. Again, thank you Cuba for being a miserable hellhole people want to run away from. 

Very sad. I adore Cuba and their sport. But every year they are weaker and weaker. Rio was very bad for them.

15 minutes ago, dareza said:

Very sad. I adore Cuba and their sport. But every year they are weaker and weaker. Rio was very bad for them.

Yep, but it's like Nigeria or Kenya: treat your athletes like shit and you can definitely not blame them if they go somewhere else. I remember a story of Julius Yego about how some athletes had to leave the plane and wait a day for the next flight, because some federation officials really wanted to get on the flight 'right now'. No wonder a lot of them just say 'fuck this, I'm going to another country where I'm treated normal and even get a lot of money'. I'd do the exact same thing if I was an athlete and treated like that by my own federation. 

Edited by heywoodu

So the idiots at EA / IAAF are tuning once again the ludicrous idea of erasing all records prior to 2005 or something. :facepalm: :facepalm: I can't with these imbeciles. And it's again with the lame excuse of doping and people don't "believe" in them. Well i don't belive in Bolt's record, why not erase them too.. :coffee: More so it seems like corporate suits who see their sport in a standstill and who can't market the shit out of OMG WORLD RECORD, WATCH US, WE ARE THE BEST.......... :sick: Such desperation. While their at it, why not erase the Olympic results, no World champions etc., burn the footage, like it never hapenned..

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

So the idiots at EA / IAAF are tuning once again the ludicrous idea of erasing all records prior to 2005 or something. :facepalm: :facepalm: I can't with these imbeciles. And it's again with the lame excuse of doping and people don't "believe" in them. Well i don't belive in Bolt's record, why not erase them too.. :coffee: More so it seems like corporate suits who see their sport in a standstill and who can't market the shit out of OMG WORLD RECORD, WATCH US, WE ARE THE BEST.......... :sick: Such desperation. While their at it, why not erase the Olympic results, no World champions etc., burn the footage, like it never hapenned..

It would indeed be better to just put an asterisk behind a lot of records, especially those insane East German, Soviet and Chinese 'Ma's Turtle Blood Army' records, instead of deleting them.