website statistics

Athletics 2017 Discussion Thread

bestmen

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

One out of Kenya, South Africa, Nigeria, Algeria, Egypt and Morocco will bid for the 2025 world championships. Whatever happens, that should 100% be Kenya, no doubt about it. At all.

will be bizarre ,remember  much nations refused to participate at the last juniors WC in Nairobi
also Kenya has the most bad Stadium than the rest

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, bestmen said:

will be bizarre ,remember  much nations refused to participate at the last juniors WC in Nairobi
also Kenya has the most bad Stadium than the rest

It will be bizarre indeed. Seeing the insane atmosphere at the U18 world championships in Nairobi, where the big stadium was 100% full and cheering and dancing and jumping...and that was only for youth athletics! For a senior championships it would be by far the best atmosphere ever in athletics.

Of course nations would be much less likely to withdraw from a senior world champs than from a youth event. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, juddy96 said:

The body of Peruvian Olympian David Torrence was found at the bottom of a swimming pool in Scottsdale, Arizona. He was 31 years old. :cry:

Wow :(

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 8/15/2017 at 10:23, De_Gambassi said:

After Doha (low attendance high risk) and Eugene (limited seating capacity), I really don't see IAAF taking any risk with 2023. So most likeley back to Europe or Japan.

As someone who's going to eugene few years in a row already, i have NO CLUE how they will do it there, this is a small stadium, a tiny city, i have no idea how they can accommodate all the athletes, media and fans! every year i come there i look around and i'm clueless how they will ever do it

il y a 41 minutes, Maxim Fastovsky a déclaré:

As someone who's going to eugene few years in a row already, i have NO CLUE how they will do it there, this is a small stadium, a tiny city, i have no idea how they can accommodate all the athletes, media and fans! every year i come there i look around and i'm clueless how they will ever do it

Well, there is an expansion planned. Hoppefully, it will go according to plans 

west_grandstand_800.jpg

That would be some iconic stadium right here, albeit still small for a world championship (30K)