bestmen

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, dareza said:

wow WC without her. Interesting.

Now there are only 26 women who can win a medal :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The first "missed test" in April 2016 is very interesting.

Here the details from USADA

Spoiler

Incident 1: Respondent(=Rollins) ’s whereabouts filing with USADA for the date of April 27, 2016 recorded that she would be at her primary residence in California ( “Primary Residence”) from “7:00 AM-8:00 AM” [the required 60-minute time slot] and that she would be in Des Moines, Iowa during “April 27-April 30.” On April 27, 2016, a Doping Control Officer (“DCO”) attempted to test Respondent during her designated 60- minute time slot at her Primary Residence. When reached by phone at 7:08 a.m., Respondent indicated that she was on her way to the airport for a flight. The DCO agreed to meet Respondent at the airport and travelled there forthwith. According to the DCO, when the DCO arrived at the airport she contacted Respondent by text message “to let her know that I was already there and she stated that she was getting off the shuttle and she did not have to go [to] the bathroom. . .. I called her and left a message, because I couldn’t find her. She called back and stated that she had already gone through security.” Respondent declined the DCO’s request to come back out to sign the standard form which would have stated that, “she was notified, that we met at the airport and that she could not provide a sample.” Later that day, in the evening, Respondent sent to Claimant’s whereabouts update e-mail address an e-mail stating in its entirety, “Not at home. Will be in Des Moines, IA for drake relays till Sunday. Staying at the downtown Marriott. Thank you. Brianna Rollins”. The IAAF notified Respondent of her whereabouts failure the following day by letter, stating, among other things, that: “You have previously been advised that a failure to be available for testing during your designated 60-minute time slot at your specified location could constitute committing a Missed Test. . . . Unless you provide a valid explanation for the above apparent Missed Test, a Missed Test will be recorded against you. . .. You have the opportunity to provide a written explanation for your apparent absence for testing, within the next 14 days, i.e. by no later than 12th May 2016.” [underlining in original] No response to this letter was received by IAAF.

Poor Rollins, the system is so complicated...you can't even deliberately avoid doping control officers :p

Edited by Dunadan

46 minutes ago, dareza said:

I hope he will participate on 200m and 400 in London :d South Africa right now have amazing team in athletics. I would not be surpised with 7-8 medals in Tokyo.

7-8? :d

Well in the case that every big talent keeps growing and every current top athlete is still world class in three years and everyone peaks in exactly the right time and there's some luck with other athletes not improving as much and there's some luck with other athletes not having a good day in Tokyo, it's possible I guess :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!