website statistics

Athletics 2017 Discussion Thread

bestmen

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mexico's 4x400m Women's relay is 2nd in this year list (excluding teams already qualified), clocking 3:32.38 at Memorial Barrientos in Havana. So afther an 8 years absence we may have return to this event :d

Three more Russian athletes have been cleared to compete in international competition as neutrals while a further 28 have had their applications rejected, the governing body for athletics (IAAF) said Wednesday.

The IAAF said that 400 meters runner Kseniya Aksyonova, javelin thrower Vera Rebrik and 400 meters hurdler Vera Rudakova had meet the "exceptional eligibility criteria" required to be able to compete as neutrals.

1.89 is a mediocre result for a senior high jumper... but not for Yuliya. She fell from the training equipment & injured her leg in April. 5 stitches :cry:

Despite that she had her 1st competition in the middle of May and another one 1 week ago. She finished with 1.83 at both. Crying/screaming from pain, being exhausted - I've been at both, I've seen that. Now she jumped 1.89 in Poland from the 1st attempt and tried to clear 1.92 (her outdoor PB) and I'm friggen speechless. She's my hero :bowdown: