website statistics

Athletics 2017 Discussion Thread

bestmen

Well, a historical bronze medal in the women's 20km race walk team standings, 8th, 11th and 17th place respectively.

A respectable 5th place for Marius Žiūkas in 20km as well.

Yet more proof that our nation is pretty skilled in the race walks, seeing as the 11th and 17th place were the U20 twin sisters.

In other news, Juozas Baikštys broke our national U20 record in High Jump with 2,20

Another U20 record was nearly broken in 100m. Hurdles for men.

U20 and U18 records broken in the Decathlon.

This season for Lithuanian athletics looks to be the best in a very long while.

Medalist contenders in the World Championships

In U23 we have Domantas Poška, Edis Matusevičius, Živilė Vaiciukevičiūtė, Simona Dobilaitė, Jogailė Petrokaitė that can fight for the medals.

Also, looking at the rate in which everyone is improving, we will have the largest squads for WCH, U23, U20 and U18 that we've ever had and qualifications in disciplines that are usually not that great for us, making our athletics a bit more well-rounded which gives me hope that we'll get back to the 1st league this year and possibly remain in it.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47.80 WL for Kyron McMaster of the British Virgin Islands yesterday in Jamaica at the 400m hurdles :yikes::bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

:hyper::hyper:

Now let's hope the Brits won't steal him :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

I suppose it's encouraging that he competes down at the Carribeans.

Didn't Zharnel Hughes and Miguel Francis do the same? 

Hughes had no choice except to compete for GB because his country, Anguilla, can not compete at the Olympics,

Francis is from Montserrat which has the same problem (except he'd lived in Antigua since the volcano wiped out half of Montserrat).

British Virgin Islands compete at the Olympics so McMaster doesn't have this problem,

32 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Hughes had no choice except to compete for GB because his country, Anguilla, can not compete at the Olympics,

Francis is from Montserrat which has the same problem (except he'd lived in Antigua since the volcano wiped out half of Montserrat).

British Virgin Islands compete at the Olympics so McMaster doesn't have this problem,

Ah yeah, I forgot about the Anguilla thing. Still, especially in Francis' case I was disappointed to see a 'small' nation lose such a talented athlete to a 'big' nation.

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Ah yeah, I forgot about the Anguilla thing. Still, especially in Francis' case I was disappointed to see a 'small' nation lose such a talented athlete to a 'big' nation.

To be fair, when you got Charandy Martina, the Netherlands had to take the rest of the country too :d