website statistics

Athletics 2017 Discussion Thread

bestmen

3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

So the idiots at EA / IAAF are tuning once again the ludicrous idea of erasing all records prior to 2005 or something. :facepalm: :facepalm: I can't with these imbeciles. And it's again with the lame excuse of doping and people don't "believe" in them. Well i don't belive in Bolt's record, why not erase them too.. :coffee: More so it seems like corporate suits who see their sport in a standstill and who can't market the shit out of OMG WORLD RECORD, WATCH US, WE ARE THE BEST.......... :sick: Such desperation. While their at it, why not erase the Olympic results, no World champions etc., burn the footage, like it never hapenned..

I'm with you regarding Bolt's records... some days ago I actually read a small note on a local journal regarding the detention of a Mexican doctor who offered "help" to some high class Jamaican athletes (no names given). I wonder if McLaren will also start investigating those allegations.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/04/2017 at 14:50, heywoodu said:

I feel it will be like European indoor championships normally are: full with medal winners you normally don't even see in the top-8 of big events :p 

We like to use this opportunity to snag a medal or two and then float on our success for years, whilst simultaneously failing to qualify for any important event in the future.

Cough Raivydas Stanys cough, won a medal in high jump with 2,31 and haven't jumped that high for 5 years after that and never made a single final in any important competition.

• 2 weeks later...

A few interesting/promising results from Lithuania over the week:

Andrius Gudžius improved his discus result to 67,62 and still is the 3rd best throw in the world this season.

Edis Matusevičius opened his summer season with 80.73 in javelin, producing the 3rd best U23 throw.

Agnė Šerkšnienė in her first summer competition after having a child ran 52.89 and produced the 7th best European result in 400m this year.

38 minutes ago, Xander said:

HJ. 15 years old :UKR Yaroslava Mahuchikh has just jumped 1.90 & refused from jumping 1.93 :yikes:

Isn't she 16/almost 17? :p

http://www.all-athletics.com/en-us/node/1191033

Wonderful performance nonetheless, the only other junior at that kind of heights is Vashti Cunningham and she's 2 years older :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 2 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

Wonderful performance nonetheless, the only other junior at that kind of heights is Vashti Cunningham and she's 2 years older :d 

1) It's still extremely early in the season, last year Hruba (born in 1998) and Sukh (born in 1999) jumped 1.93 and 1.92, maybe they will go even higher this year.

2) Ukraine had many very young girls in the last couple of years jumping around 1.90 and none of them became really big, so let's see

3) According to IAAF she is 15

https://www.iaaf.org/athletes/ukraine/yaroslava-mahuchikh-310529

So who is more trustworthy?

4) She is shared 21st on the all time U18 list and has until the end of 2018 to improve. Some interesting comparisons:

Kostadinova also jumped 1.90 as an U18 athlete, Kuchina and Cloete jumped 1.91, Meyfarth jumped 1.92 as a 16 yo, Vlasic and Astafei jumped 1.93, Lake and Cunningham jumped 1.94.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 часа назад, heywoodu сказал:

According to her profile at UAF she was born on 19.09.2001.

According to her own OK social network profile she's 15 years old :d

В 17.05.2017 в 23:06, OlympicsFan сказал:

2) Ukraine had many very young girls in the last couple of years jumping around 1.90 and none of them became really big

What do you mean? :) Levchenko (19 yo) jumped 1.94 and almost jumped 1.96 in March (dammed, it was so close).

Herashchenko (22 yo) jumped 1.93 this winter.

Okuneva (27 yo) jumped 1.94 in the end of February.

Shukh (18 yo)  jumped 1.92 and refused from 1.95 last June, but she's a heptathlete and they (she and her mom-trainer) don't prefer separate events. She said they could prepare for HJ only & achieve the Olympic standard but she wouldn't have gone to the Olympics in any case. By the trainers decision AND her mom's. She jumped 1.89 this winter btw.

The only one who struggles to jump higher than 1.90 is Chumachenko (22 yo). I think I'm gonna have a stroke because of her :lol: She jumped 1.90 twice this winter though.

Our trainers never force young athletes to show senior results, even if somebody qualifies to big events they won't get chosen by the Council too. You can show 1 awesome season and then disappear forever/get a serious injury etc. We've had such policy for decades. We prefer more smooth system. I'd say Levchenko is the only exception.

Edited by Xander

9 hours ago, Xander said:

According to her profile at UAF she was born on 19.09.2001.

According to her own OK social network profile she's 15 years old :d

Interesting, it's not often at all that all-athletics has that wrong :p 

I guess IAAF will go with what UAF says on that :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

В 18.05.2017 в 10:38, heywoodu сказал:

Interesting, it's not often at all that all-athletics has that wrong :p 

I guess IAAF will go with what UAF says on that :p 

IAAF goes with what official ID documents say.

She said she's 15, her local federation said yesterday that she's 15, our national federation wrote an article about her.... etc etc etc. :)

Edited by Xander