website statistics

Judo 2017 Discussion Thread

bestmen

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just can't believe what happened on European cadet champioship. Serbia had 3 female athletes (48,57 and 63) and they decided that they will participate in team event with 3 athletes. But, first match is for athletes under 44kg, so they entered in every match with 0:1, and they needed all 3 wins in next matches. First they beat Ukraine 3:1, after that Georgia 3:1 and they beat Turkey 3:1 in sf and they are in final :lol:

Edited by dareza

• 2 weeks later...

some news about the Mixed Team event in the Olympic format...

as you might know, this event will be contested by teams made of 3 men and 3 women...

therefore there were some doubts of how a possible 3-3 tie at the end of any single match-up would be solved...

well, now we know that: in each bout of the match, 10 "classification points" will be awarded to the winning athletes by ippon, then 1 "classification point" will be given to each waza-ari scored by the winners by that score...no "classification point" will be given to the winners by shido or to the losers...

so, this "classification points" total will be the first tie-breaker...

if a match is still tied, then there would be a draw to choose 1 of the 6 weights classes to fight another bout (but starting directly from the golden score)...the winner of this fight takes it all...

• 1 month later...

Croatian judo federation has apparently received "Best development award" from IJF. You know, our federation that forgot to send entries for the final Rio qualification event what cost us 1-2 quota places. :roflmao: And nobody resigned after that of course...

#banbestmen

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Agger said:

Emilie Sook in her first Grand Prix final! :cheer:

Looks like there's potential for a Danish judoka in Tokyo

Well, it isn't a very importan grand prix.. very very low quality :p Btw, i hope for Emilie and for Denmark that she'll get some important results in future

8 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Well, it isn't a very importan grand prix.. very very low quality :p Btw, i hope for Emilie and for Denmark that she'll get some important results in future

Sure. But points are points and with this final and her 5th place in Zagreb she's taking a big step up in the rankings (I'm pretty sure that she's gonna be up where it would give a quota if the cut was today).

She's still very young and I'm sure that if she continues her progress, she will be very interesting :)

• 2 weeks later...