Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Henry_Leon

Football 2017 Discussion Thread

crovitlaci    33

More teams means more matches, sponsors and profit for the criminal organization called FIFA. Quality of football will of course drop just like it happened with Euro, but obviously no one cares about that anymore.

Edited by crovitlaci

Agger    120
2 hours ago, Henry_Leon said:

48 Nations :wacko:  maybe are too much. (211 are the Fifa members)

However the other proposals for enlarge the WC were worse than this (40 teams in ten group or a preliminary knockout for 16 teams). 

Waiting the details, I hope they delete the intercontinental playoff (finally!!!)

Why finally?

bestmen    279
On 09/01/2017 at 12:30, hckosice said:

our league team lost yesterday in UAE with Uganda 3-1. even the fact that it was the last test for Uganda before the upcomming African Cup of Nations and they are visibly in the final preparation mode and our players are already some 2 months in the hibernation mood it´s another prove how fantastic and strong is our football league. better to cancel all this joke and save money  :rofl: only good point of the match, a ton of our young players experienced yesterday their National Team debut :)

btw it looks like there many Ugandans in Abu Dhabi

you are lucky this match is not included into the fifa ranking , so you will not lose any points

in the same time it's strange all the rest of freindly african matches are included :mumble:

also Cote d'ivoire 2-1 Sweden

Africa in power :clap:

Edited by bestmen

hckosice    697
15 minutes ago, bestmen said:

you are lucky this match is not included into the fifa ranking , so you will not lose any points

in the same time it's strange all the rest of freindly african matches are included :mumble:

well it wasn´t Team Slovakia, the team is called "Ligový výber" Team of Slovak league, so I assume it´s the reason why it will not be counted.

hckosice    697
17 minutes ago, bestmen said:

and btw we never won against african team in all history :d unbelievable but true. never. here all our matches https://sk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoznam_zápasov_slovenského_národného_futbalového_mužstva

1994 - Egypt - SVK 1-0 (friendly tournament in UAE)

1994 - Morocco - SVK  2-1 (friendly tournament in UAE)

2001 - Algeria - SVK 1-1 :d friendly match in Algiers

2010 - Cameroon - SVK  1-1  test match in Austria for World Cup 2010

and now 2016 Uganda - SVK  3-1 friendly in UAE

Agger    120
49 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Well against league teams, perhaps.

Except Tim Erlandsson, all are players from Nordic leagues.

The most experienced on that swedish team is Lewicki with 13 national team matches.

Federer91    179

This is presumably the new reposition, though nothing is official yet. I would ditch the playoff and have Europe with 17. 

C1yy9ExXEAAxrbX.jpg

Edited by Federer91

LDOG    181

Europe has enough with 16, I would give it to Africa, they can do a 10th competitive team. Between a Gabon or a Hungary, I prefer Gabon.

Gianlu33    302

One of the wrost day of the FIFA's history...

But the way, Canada will try to host the 2026 World Cup

Federer91    179
21 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Europe has enough with 16, I would give it to Africa, they can do a 10th competitive team. Between a Gabon or a Hungary, I prefer Gabon.

If you ask me, with 48 teams, Europe should have 18, but i'm biased of course.