website statistics

Football 2017 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

SKA Khabarovsk promoted to the Russian Premier League. 'Who cares', I can hear people think, but there's a fun little fact: Khabarovsk is in the far east of Russia and the closest away game is around 7000 kilometers away :roflmao:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The last Rome's Imperator retired from the football world. After 28 years when he play in the same team, he reject team like Real Madrid, and he become a symbol of Rome and of Italian football. 

I'm not a Romanist but yesterday was a sad day for all football fun and, when you see 70.000 people in the Olympic Stadium that cry for all the time, it's very sad.:(

Here the full video of yesterday:

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

SKA Khabarovsk promoted to the Russian Premier League. 'Who cares', I can hear people think, but there's a fun little fact: Khabarovsk is in the far east of Russia and the closest away game is around 7000 kilometers away :roflmao:

lol yes Khabarovsk. I remember the first time they added Amur Khabarovsk to the hockey KHL, all other teams were really angry because of terrible scheduling. for example Slovan traveled 10 hours to play there and 2 days later they have another match at home :lol:

few years later they added another one club Admiral Vladivostok this was a real extrem :dhttp://www.ontheforecheck.com/2013/6/18/4443478/khl-super-schedule-travel-miles-vladivostok

and since last season there also a chinese club..if you search for a event where the athletes should be tired it´s definitely the ice hockey KHL :d

Italian :ITA coaches won titles around Europe this season:

Carlo Ancelotti Bundesliga :GER with Bayern Munchen

Antonio Conte Premier league :ENG  with Chelsea

Massimo Carrera Russian Premier League :RUS with Spartak Moscow

and Marco Rossi The Hugarian First League :HUN  with Budapest Honved

In the next Champions League four seeded teams will managed by Italian coaches (except Honved will enter at Q2, the fourth team is Juventus of Max Allegri)

hace 27 minutos, mrv86 said:

Why? I know he isn't the best, but he's had good results with Chivas.

His teams here played "pretty" football but with very bad defense (a bit like Lavolpe). Also he's a bit excentric when speaking to the press so many people didn't take him seriously :d I guess his style is better suited for Mexico where teams play more open football.