website statistics

Football 2017 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

• 3 weeks later...

Rotterdam is pretty much exploding at the moment :d 

After 18 years, Feyenoord (one of the 'big 3' in the Netherlands) finally is the champion again on the very last day by winning at home, leading to the stadium and the big squares and everything sort of exploding :p :clap:

Ajax was the other one that had a chance to take the title, but they needed Feyenoord to draw or lose. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

38 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Rotterdam is pretty much exploding at the moment :d 

After 18 years, Feyenoord (one of the 'big 3' in the Netherlands) finally is the champion again on the very last day by winning at home, leading to the stadium and the big squares and everything sort of exploding :p :clap:

Ajax was the other one that had a chance to take the title, but they needed Feyenoord to draw or lose. 

I see Dirk Kuyt scored hattrick, didn't know he still plays football. :dAnd Giovanni van Bronckhorst is coach, I remember him from Barcelona.

Just now, crovitlaci said:

I see Dirk Kuyt scored hattrick, didn't know he still plays football. :dAnd Giovanni van Bronckhorst is coach, I remember him from Barcelona.

Yep, Kuyt came back to Feyenoord to end the year-long drought with the dream of winning the championship :d 

The stadium exploded when he scored after 40 seconds (!) and again after 12 minutes :d 

Even more when he scored the 3-0 from a penalty, which really sealed the deal.

The only sort of pathetic thing is the players and stadium singing "Helemaal niets, helemaal niets, helemaal niets in Amsterdam!", meaning "Absolutely nothing, absolutely nothing, absolutely nothing in Amsterdam!" (the city of Ajax, their eternal enemies) :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The only sort of pathetic thing is the players and stadium singing "Helemaal niets, helemaal niets, helemaal niets in Amsterdam!", meaning "Absolutely nothing, absolutely nothing, absolutely nothing in Amsterdam!" (the city of Ajax, their eternal enemies) :lol:

Nah, that's a common thing in football. Btw Ajax plays Europa league final, it may not be ''absolutely nothing''

Just now, crovitlaci said:

Nah, that's a common thing in football. Btw Ajax plays Europa league final, it may not be ''absolutely nothing''

My thoughts exactly :d 

It's sort of funny and sad for Feyenoord: if Ajax wins the Europa League, they sort of overshadow Feyenoord's historical title within 10 days :lol: