website statistics

Football 2017 Discussion Thread

Henry_Leon

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Any one of those nations can host it individually. :facepalm:

Precisely the reason they are bidding together. If all three bid separately and you had one bid from Africa, you would risk vote splitting  and allowing Africa to win.

8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Precisely the reason they are bidding together. If all three bid separately and you had one bid from Africa, you would risk vote splitting  and allowing Africa to win.

And all three wanted to bid separately? Highly unlikely if you ask me. In 2014 teams mourned about traveling to Manaus, because it was so far away, i can only imagine what it will be if they had to play in Canada and next in Mexico. That would be a joy. 

Just like with the Olympics, it seems open bidding is a thing of the past and it doesn't matter who brings the best platform, everything is a calculated scheme. They should make the mandatory rotation official, we are more or less using it for years now. And i was so happy for a canadian bid, now.. And the US will have the Olympics, they should bug out of this..

44 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Mexico is getting the shaft here. I also read that USA will host 60 games and the other two just 10 each. And QFs onwards all in the USA.

Exactly why this bid is the most stupid idea I've hears... I mean why only 20 games outside USA... better let them host them on their own.

The real reason behind is that all 3 football federations want to cash their part in US dollars, so they will accept this idiot plan :sick: