Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Gianlu33

Modern Pentathlon 2017 Discussion Thread

Vojthas    14

So, we start a new season, traditionally with Budapest Indoor Competition. Big success for the club from Székesfehérvár - among men Bence Demeter won, István Málits was third (Simon Casse of France was between them), while among women Sarolta Kovács finished second (lost to a great Belarussian talent Iryna Prasiantsova, outstanding runner). Another Hungarian on the podium was Anna Zs. Tóth from Újpest.

Gianlu33    298

Unbeliveble win for Alice Sortero, for the frist time she won a EC stage! :woot:

Vojthas    14
On 28.05.2017 at 01:38, Gianlu33 said:

Unbeliveble win for Alice Sortero, for the frist time she won a EC stage! :woot:

Italian girls were impossible that day - all four of them were in the top four places after first running lap, but Laura and Ilke destroyed this "dolce vita" (though the real "dolce vita" was at the after party on Sunday evening).

But coming back to Alice - just two days later big tragedy for her - at the beginning of the mounting for the mixed relays she had problems with her horse, who got really nervous. I didn't see this, but those who were there said me the whole story - one of the referees was holding the horse to help her calm it down. She asked the referee not to, so he let it go. The horse stood up on its back legs and she fell off - she wasn't even on the sand yet, she fell down on a concrete and broke her wrist. I heard the medicals being called by the announcer and turn my head there (I was sitting near the mounting area, but watching the main parcour), one of Polish young athletes came down there to see what's happened and told me the story.

mrv86    157

Youth "A" Championships underway,

:EGY won medals in both relays

:MEX lead the girl's qualification, and all 4 athletes advanced to the finals; also currently in 2nd in the team competition :clap:

Vojthas    14

Italian Modern Tetrathlon (Pentathlon without riding, for Youth As U19):
- Beatrice Mercuri with YOG quota
- Elena Micheli with WCH silver
- Maria Lea Lopez with ECH gold

- Alice Rinaudo with ECH bronze

I'm deeply impressed

• Like 1

Gianlu33    298
22 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Italian Modern Tetrathlon (Pentathlon without riding, for Youth As U19):
- Beatrice Mercuri with YOG quota