website statistics

Modern Pentathlon 2017 Discussion Thread

Gianlu33

• 5 weeks later...

So, we start a new season, traditionally with Budapest Indoor Competition. Big success for the club from Székesfehérvár - among men Bence Demeter won, István Málits was third (Simon Casse of France was between them), while among women Sarolta Kovács finished second (lost to a great Belarussian talent Iryna Prasiantsova, outstanding runner). Another Hungarian on the podium was Anna Zs. Tóth from Újpest.

• 1 month later...

So, i don't know if it's a good or a bad idea,but the UIMP want add at the Olympic Games a new version of pentathlon (yes :lol:). It will be a mixed relay and we'll have 6 (?) sports in: yes, they'll add 8 different hurdles in the combined session :p 

Italian Pentathlon Federation news (in italian)

obstacol.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 28.05.2017 at 01:38, Gianlu33 said:

Unbeliveble win for Alice Sortero, for the frist time she won a EC stage! :woot:

Italian girls were impossible that day - all four of them were in the top four places after first running lap, but Laura and Ilke destroyed this "dolce vita" (though the real "dolce vita" was at the after party on Sunday evening).

But coming back to Alice - just two days later big tragedy for her - at the beginning of the mounting for the mixed relays she had problems with her horse, who got really nervous. I didn't see this, but those who were there said me the whole story - one of the referees was holding the horse to help her calm it down. She asked the referee not to, so he let it go. The horse stood up on its back legs and she fell off - she wasn't even on the sand yet, she fell down on a concrete and broke her wrist. I heard the medicals being called by the announcer and turn my head there (I was sitting near the mounting area, but watching the main parcour), one of Polish young athletes came down there to see what's happened and told me the story.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Italian Modern Tetrathlon (Pentathlon without riding, for Youth As U19):
- Beatrice Mercuri with YOG quota
- Elena Micheli with WCH silver
- Maria Lea Lopez with ECH gold

- Alice Rinaudo with ECH bronze

I'm deeply impressed

I see that your tweet was retweeted by italian federation too :p 

• 1 month later...