website statistics

Modern Pentathlon 2017 Discussion Thread

Gianlu33

3 hours ago, thepharoah said:

does anyone have an idea about particpants of champion of champions tournament which will start in OCT.20 ? 

:GBR Choong and Muir are only ones I'm sure of - their participation is confirmed on PentathlonGB webiste.

:BLR Maybe (just suppose) Prasiantsova, who doesn't participate in U24 Europeans, though Belarus sends strong team.

:ITA Maybe, they are training normally

:FRA As well as Italians

:GER Maybe Schleu, I'm not sure but I think she wrote something about it few weeks ago on Facebook. Schöneborn married not so long ago, but last year Khuraskina came to CISM World Championships right after her honeymoon and won it. They also don't send anyone to U24 Europeans to Drzonków, though this age category is also for Marvin Dogue, Christian Zillekens and Alexandra Bettinelli.
:TUR Maybe Özyüksel, there was some competition lately in Turkey, seems like National Championships (unfortunately I didn't check it in details), so they may be training now normally.

No go:

:POL Nowacka, who is on holiday in Balkans. We have this U24 Europeans in Drzonków, so other seniors might come to support their younger colleagues. And all our national team coaches will be there, so probably only Maliszewska might come with her club coach to Doha (but I doubt it, as her boyfriend, Stasiak, will start in her home city and there was no document of selection signed by sports director as it is usually done for the UIPM competition, which is all competitions instead of the only commercial one - Kremlin Cup, and CISM competitions).

:HUN Kovács is on holiday in Rome, Földházi seems not to train now as well, she took part in some "BBQ World Cup". Bence Demeter had hip surgery. In fact I doubt any of Hungarians will be in Doha - both "association captains" (they call their main coaches this way in Hungarian) are to come to Drzonków. Though somebody might go either without a coach or with a club coach.

:EGY Hefny has some pain and doesn't run - posted on Instagram photo from horse riding training.
:CZE Kuf was on some trip in mountains, even if it was part of training, not the kind it should be done few days before competition in the desert.

:RUS They had holiday lastly, I think - some of their women's pentathletes posted photos in bikini by the sea in last days/weeks, so I suppose they wouldn't start in a competition without training.

• 1 month later...