website statistics

Road Cycling 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

25 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

On the other hand, the formation of groups is perfectly normal in all other sports with a pursuit format. And yes, being in a group offers advantages in those sports as well, that's part of a pursuit. 

No doubt about that, but I fear that the advantage would be too big in cycling.

But that's just how I feel. I don't have much knowledge on exactly how much easier it in on the wheel of somebody else compared to other sports.

Porte :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Wait, Fuglsang won :lol:

Froome screwing up Porte's win by nearly pushing him in the barriers. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 6/9/2017 at 16:15, heywoodu said:

Wait, Fuglsang won :lol:

Froome screwing up Porte's win by nearly pushing him in the barriers. 

And this eventually decided the GC :d 

Fantastic final stage with an epic Fuglsang vs Porte battle, Fuglsang eventually won it by a few seconds because of those seconds Porte lost Friday when Froome nearly pushed him in the barriers. 

Congrats to Fuglsang, even he doesn't know how that happened. :d He joins Talansky and Brajkovic as the OMG winners of the Dauphine. :p It's good for Astana though, since they have had a horrible season. With both Aru and Fuglsang for the Tour, they will definately stir the race. Fabio showed very good form after the injury. I want to believe he can do good in the Tour. :pope: 

Porte missed on another 1 week victory. Maybe this time it will be good for his GT ambitions. Definately was the strongest in the Dauphine, but we know his GT pedigree. Still can't imagine him being a favourite for the Tour. And speaking of favourites, Froome still not so impressive. This whole season has been so misty for him. Sadly it won't matter come july and he will power through with the Sky train as history has shown us. :sleep: 

not much francophone users here but this tv doc of the french national tv FR2 showing the hidden motors of the Tour de France bicycles

there is one part in ITALIAN at 2:03" /11:48" and SPANISH at 0:38 and made in Hungary at 14:31"

@hckosice i don't know if you will follow this tour  again  :lol:

Edited by bestmen