website statistics

Road Cycling 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yep, a crash in a descent. Followed by the Giro d'Italia organizers announcing a new 'best descender' classification. :facepalm:

Have they lost their fucking minds? Are they blind? Idiotic? Retarded maybe?

Yeah, read that one as well.

Seems absolutely stupid, though I'm hearing some say that it'll most likely not change much.

3 minutes ago, Agger said:

Yeah, read that one as well.

Seems absolutely stupid, though I'm hearing some say that it'll most likely not change much.

Possibly, but what about the dozens of riders who won't get any TV time or prize money or something and who basically ride around to give their leaders a drink now and then and finish around a 152th place? This could be an incentive for them to go for a prize, small as it may be, resulting in possible downhill battles that don't need to be motivated like this. It's dangerous enough. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Possibly, but what about the dozens of riders who won't get any TV time or prize money or something and who basically ride around to give their leaders a drink now and then and finish around a 152th place? This could be an incentive for them to go for a prize, small as it may be, resulting in possible downhill battles that don't need to be motivated like this. It's dangerous enough. 

That's surely something to fear.

I believe most of the descends will either be for the breakaway (8, 12, 17,18, 19) or at situations where the descend would already be used by the experts (11, 15 (may also be a breakaway), 16 (the same) and 20 (the same as well)).

The only one that I fear will have a big pack is Chieti.

Don't get me wrong, I'm also against it, but I doubt that we'll see much different races due to these points. These riders respect the descends and if not, they'll get it from their team mates or DS's. It's a terrible idea to give incentive to go for it, but I believe these riders are smart enough to not go for it.

I hope you're right and I hope the Giro organizers won't have to name a climb after a cyclist again next year like they do this year (with the Mortirolo becoming the 'Scarponi climb'). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Stefano Pirazzi and Nicola Ruffoni (Bardiani's attacker/climber and their sprinter) both tested positive for doping :facepalm:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Giroditalia//04-05-2017/giro-100-italia-doping-positivi-due-italiani-bardiani-20066282442.shtml

Blel Kadri, who won a big Tour de France stage in 2014, only retired a couple of months ago and has now turned into this....(on the right) :yikes:

Ruffoni says his positive doping test might be because of prostatitis/prostate inflammation :rofl:

dba566ffe3e415f43f6ec49988807395c8cb91c8

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Ruffoni says his positive doping test might be because of prostatitis/prostate inflammation :rofl:

Yes, sure :lol: Yesterday the Bardiani's president cried and insulted the two cyclists in live tv. Very sad moment :( 

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Yes, sure :lol: Yesterday the Bardiani's president cried and insulted the two cyclists in live tv. Very sad moment :( 

Sad for the president you mean, I hope? Not sad for Pirazzi and Ruffoni? :p