website statistics

Road Cycling 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Aaah that was so f*cking frustrating for Marangoni, so close to his first pro win at his relatively old age (32) :cry:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Michele Scarponi has died today after being hit by a car, what the fuck. :cry:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

This is utterly bizarre: I was and still am watching the final 20-30km of yesterday's stage in the Tour of the Alps, where the big 4 in the general classification were dominating the last part of the race, including Scarponi. Not even 24 hours ago he finished 4th in the GC, then went home to his wife and two kids, and now he's not even alive anymore. 

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This is utterly bizarre: I was and still am watching the final 20-30km of yesterday's stage in the Tour of the Alps, where the big 4 in the general classification were dominating the last part of the race, including Scarponi. Not even 24 hours ago he finished 4th in the GC, then went home to his wife and two kids, and now he's not even alive anymore.

That's just terrible. :( He was a great cyclist.

I had a similar experience recently. With an athlete dying one day after I watched him compete... :(

#banbestmen

I somehow have a feeling Nibali is going to win today's stage in Croatia with an insane show of force after today's news.

tour-of-croatia-2017-stage-5-1492106310.

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I somehow have a feeling Nibali is going to win today's stage in Croatia with an insane show of force after today's news.

tour-of-croatia-2017-stage-5-1492106310.

This stage is right around my home town Rijeka. :d

I'm not there right now though. However, I was thinking about watching the final stage live tomorrow, as I'm in Zagreb.

#banbestmen

Scarponi's videos with parrot Frankje :d :cry:

https://twitter.com/search?q=frankje from%3Amichelescarponi&src=spxr