Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hckosice

Slalom Canoeing 2017 Discussion Thread

69 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

:yikes:

Slalom cross? What's this? :d 

the newest attempt of ICF canoe slalom part to survive the new Olympic agenda :d

The canoe slalom equivalent of snowboard cross or ski cross, The competition first starts with some time trial run qualification, the fastest athletes advance for the quarterfinals heats, the first 2 of each heat go to the semis, and so on..

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

the newest attempt of ICF canoe slalom part to survive the new Olympic agenda :d

The canoe slalom equivalent of snowboard cross or ski cross, The competition first starts with some time trial run qualification, the fastest athletes advance for the quarterfinals heats, the first 2 of each heat go to the semis, and so on..

Well that sounds like a boatload of fun :d (get it? :evil:)

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well that sounds like a boatload of fun :d (get it? :evil:)

Get it :d

Just now it´s not really funny, rather ridiculous and borring. Many nations even doesn´t look to be really interested and doesn´t field any athlete for example, but yeah, the day when it will be added to the olympics, these nations will quickly start to take it suddenly more seriously :whistle:

9 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Just now it´s not really funny, rather ridiculous and borring. Many nations even doesn´t look to be really interested and doesn´t field any athlete for example, but yeah, the day when it will be added to the olympics, these nations will quickly start to take it suddenly more seriously :whistle:

Is there a video of yesterday's competition? I see no single Dutch media has written about Wegman yet, so I'll be the first :d 

13 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I watched it actually, and I agree, it is boring to everyone that likes the classical slalom canoeing format...

Same as ski and snowboard cross. Overtaking after the start is next to impossible. :facepalm:

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Is there a video of yesterday's competition? I see no single Dutch media has written about Wegman yet, so I'll be the first :d 

from 42:35