website statistics

Slalom Canoeing 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

First strike ! :p

Not fair, I'm like one of probably 5 people in the country thinking of watching a live stream of a World Cup in this sport! Cancel the strike now! 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not fair, I'm like one of probably 5 people in the country thinking of watching a live stream of a World Cup in this sport! Cancel the strike now! 

I´m pretty sure there a higher interest than 5 peoples, there clearly some good potential in the NED team especially in the womens category, you just need bigger medias promo certainly this sport will find many new fans :d

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I´m pretty sure there a higher interest than 5 peoples, there clearly some good potential in the NED team especially in the womens category, you just need bigger medias promo certainly this sport will find many new fans :d

I'll definitely write something about Wegman, that should make for a couple hundred readers :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Has there ever been a Dutch athlete on a World Cup podium in this sport? I'm not sure but I doubt it :d 

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Has there ever been a Dutch athlete on a World Cup podium in this sport? I'm not sure but I doubt it :d 

Not sure, must check it, but NED won 2 medals at world championships, Silver in 2003 Mens K1 Team and Bronze in 1973 mixed C2.

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, Floris Braat won a World Cup race in 2000 (in La Seu D'Urgell, ESP)

He also won a World Championship Silver medal in the Team Event (with 2 teammates, of course) in 2003

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floris_Braat

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Not sure, must check it, but NED won 2 medals at world championships, Silver in 2003 Mens K1 Team and Bronze in 1973 mixed C2.

Ah yeah, our legendary 1973 bronze mixed C2 team, how could I forget.