website statistics

Ice Hockey 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

phelps

The Euro Hockey Tour 2016/17 started today with the 1st stage the Karjala Cup in Helsinki

Finland lost to Russia 1-5 after a disastrous last period for the Suomi who lost the 3rd frame 0-4, 2 goals scored by Golyshev and 3 assists for Nichushkin to mention for the Russians. In the second match Czech Republic defeated Sweden 6-3. Jan Kovář exceled tonight with 1 goal and 3 assists, Radil scored 2 goals for the czechs, Gynge with 1+1 tonight was the best of Sweden.

Russia and Czech Rep. has 3 points, Sweden and Finland 0 after 1st day, The second day of the Karjala Cup will continue Saturday when Russia will play Sweden and Finland will meet Czechia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today started also the challengers in Budapest and Bled,

In the Hugarians tournament Italy lost to Austria 0-2 in Group A and Hungary defeated Poland 2-1 in the Group B with who else Sofron scoring the winning goal in 3rd period.

After Day 1 in Group A Austria has 3 points, Italy 0, South Korea will play ttheir first matc tomorrow against Italy

In Group B Hungary with 3 points, Poland 0, Denmark will play their first match tomorrow against Poland.

In Bled (Slovenia) Tournament, Belarus defeated France 3-0 and Slovenia won against Latvia 3-2 after overtime, the winning goal was scored by Rok Tičar the MVP of the match with 1 goal and 1 assist tonight.

Belarus leading the tournament after Day 1 with 3 points, Slovenia second with 2 points, Latcia 3rd with 1 and France 4th with 0.

Tomorrow Belarus vs Latvia and Slovenia vs France.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Men´s Friendly Matches

Sweden U18 - USA U18  2-1

Russia U16 - Latvia U17 4-1

France U18 - Slovakia U17  7-3 :roflmao: I know 1 year difference is a lot in the youth levels, but still...oh god..quo vadis SVK hockey ?

Slovakia U18 - Germany U18  5-4 (GWS)

Belarus U17 - Slovakia U16  2-3

Austria U16 - Italy U16  2-0

Belarus U20 - Latvia U20  4-1

Belarus U18 - Denmark U18  5-1

Switzerland U17 - Germany U17  3-1

Slovenia U16 - Hungary U16  1-2 (GWS)

Austria U20 - Denmark U20  0-4

Switzerland U20 - Slovakia U20  5-2

Italy U20 - France U20  1-6

Hungary U18 - Italy U18  4-2

Women´s Friendly Matches

Switzerland - Czech Rep.  5-4 GWS,  

Germany - Russia   3-7

a day to remember for all the Italian teams, I see...:rofl::facepalm::wall::cry:

on the other side, yesterday I saw the SWE vs CZE match...despite quite a few sloppy plays (typical of this kind of test matches), it was an entertaing night of Hockey...

p.s. today I'm looking forward to the Deutschland Cup games, too...

I hope to watch some good Hockey, there (now the MLB Baseball season is over...I think I'm gonna get a Hockey overdose in the next months between NHL and IIHF tournaments :yikes::rofl:)...

Edited by phelps

Nice slovak night in the NHL last night.

Marián Hossa scoring 2 goals against Colorado Avalanche, one nicer than other, but Varlamov..what a hole :lol:

his 1st goal

and second

also the young Marko Daňo scored a 3-3 tie goal against Washington, his first seasons NHL goal in his very first seasons NHL match :thumbup:

1. round:
LATVIA - SLOVENIA
* 2:3 (0:1, 0:0, 2:1)
500; Jelisejevs 41., Kulda 43.; Pešut 15., D. Rodman 60., Tičar 65.
* - overtime

FRANCE - BELORUSIA
0:3 (0:0, 0:2, 0:1)
Lopačuk 33., Drozd 40., Graborenko 48.

captain muršak got injury yesterday.i guess they wont be happy in cska

Ok guys, let´s go with the summary of todays international hockey

Today started the Deutschland Cup,

Team Canada (Players playing in Europeans leagues) defeated in the opening match Switzerland 3-0. All 3 Goals was scored in power plays, 1 goal and 1 assist in todays match for Robinson and Roy, Kozun had 2 goal assists.

In the second match Slovakia defeated the host Germany by 3-1 :cheer:After a awful 1st period our play increased considerably in the next parts of the match, very pleasant performance from our team composed of players from Czech and Slovak leagues, also a huge hat off for our goalie Jaroslav Janus who was great tonight.

so after Day 1 Canada and Slovakia has 3 points, Germany and Switzerland with 0.

Tomorrows schedule Slovakia vs Canada and Switzerland vs Germany.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now about the challengers tournaments

In Budapest,

In Group A Italy defeated South Korea 3-2 after GWS,

Austria lead the group with 3 points and one match remaining, Italy is second with 2 points and have played all their group matches, 3rd South Korea 1 point and one match remaining.

Tomorrow Austria vs South Korea to conclude this group

In Group B Denmark defeated Poland 3-1,

Hungary and Denmark have 3 points and both with 1 match remaining, Poland finished last in this group with 0 points, which means Poland will play sunday for 5th-6th place against the last team of Group A.

Tomorrow Hungary vs Denmark.

In Bled (Slovenia),

Belarus won over Latvia 4-0 and Slovenia against France 2-1.

Belarus lead the tournament with 6 points, Slovenia second with 5, Latvia 3rd with 1 single point and France 4th still without any point.

Tomorrows last day of the tournament schedules Slovenia vs Belarus for the tournament win and Latvia vs France for 3rd place.

Men´s Friendly Matches

Finland U18 - Czech Rep. U18  3-5

Russia U16 - Slovakia U16  11-0 :yes Just can´t wait our future, expecting some really funny and lovely days in few years ...

Germany U17 - France U18  6-5 (OT)

Slovakia U18 - Denmark U18  2-1

Belarus U17 - Latvia U17  7-2

Italy U16 - Hungary U16  3-2

France U20 - Slovenia U20  2-1

Switzerland U20 - Germany U20  0-3

Denmark U20 - Latvia U20  2-1

Finland U20 - Russia U20  2-1 (GWS)

Italy U18 - Slovenia U18  3-4 (OT)

Belarus U18 - Germany U18  4-2

Finland U19 - Czech Rep. U19  4-2

Slovakia U17 - Switzerland U17  0-3

Czech Rep. U16 - Switzerland U16  7-1

Slovenia U16 - Austria U16  4-3

Slovakia U20 - Norway U20  2-1

Sweden U20 - Czech Rep. U20  3-2 (OT)

Austria U18 - Hungary U18  5-2

Women´s Friendly Matches

Finland - Sweden  2-1

France - Denmark  1-0

Russia - Czech Rep.  3-1

USA - Canada  2-3

Germany - Switzerland  0-2

Slovakia U18 - Italy U18  12-2

Austria U18 - Switzerland U18  2-4

Good match and sweet win 4-3 after GWS against Canada :yes Still with real chances to win this trophy. well done guys. :cheer:

Also to score a shorthanded goal against :CAN thats definitely not a usual thing :d

but I must say, that the referees were just Terrible, terrible absolutely awful, very very bad, It´s quite a while I haven´t seen so bad refereeing in hockey than today. Hope there will be some available video of the highlights of the match to post it here, but since our TV started to remove everything in youtube It will be very hard :thumbdown: I had to remove also the post with yesterdays highlights against Germany, because the video was already blocked...

4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Slovakia - Italy 12-2 :lol: 

@hckosice If you saw the match, Italy played so bad

No, I did not watched it, well, thats womens juniors level this kind of results aren´t nothing special or unordinary, don´t take it too much seriously :)

here the only result summary I found about it http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/244880/slovenske-juniorky-si-schuti-zastrielali-proti-taliankam/ and some pics here http://www.hockeyslovakia.sk/sk/clanok/v-prievidzi-desat-junioriek-sr-strelilo-tucet-golov-taliankam