website statistics

Ice Hockey 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

phelps

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Halák in Montreal.  the applause and welcome of the public :cry: True fans never forget ..

but I never saw something like this, during a match the team warm up their new goalie :yikes:

it looks a new trend set by this World Cup warm-up matches...I also saw the same practice in the other games where goalies have been replaced in the middle of a period (Saturday's USA vs CAN included)...

by the way, the 2 matches between CZE and RUS have been by far the best among those played last week...fast pace, official game-alike attitude (I mean, hard hits and quite a few face-wash :lol:)...

really, they didn't look just your usual warm-up boring and sloppy games...:d

p.s. small OT...I saw yesterday's match between Slovan and Avangard, too...and I must tell you...I hope Slovan fans have very healthy hearts, because that team is going to give them "dangerous feelings" day in and day out...:rofl::facepalm:

Edited by phelps

1 minute ago, phelps said:

it looks a new trend set by this World Cup warm-up matches...I also saw the same practice in the other games where goalies have been replaced in the middle of a period (Saturday's USA vs CAN included)...

by the way, the 2 matches between CZE and RUS have been by far the best among those played last week...fast pace, official game-alike attitude (I mean, hard hits and quite a few face-wash :lol:)...

really, they didn't look just your usual warm-up boring and sloppy games...:d

p.s. small OT...I saw yesterday's match between Slovan and Avangard, too...and I must tell you...I hope Slovan fans have very healthy hearts, because that team is going to give them "dangerous feelings" day in and day out...:rofl::facepalm:

I think a winning away goal 12 seconds before the end is good for heart :d

7 hours ago, hckosice said:

The Group stage of the Champions League ended yesterday and we had today the play-offs stage draw.

Both slovak clubs advanced from their respective groups :thumbup:

HC Košice with a very hard draw tough against Fribourg...HK Nitra will play again against a czech team :lol:

here the full results of the play-offs draw

http://www.championshockeyleague.net/images/news/2294_920x518.jpg

I only hope we're not going to have a full Swedish final 4 (Farjestad vs Frolunda + Vaxjo vs Skelleftea)...:mumble:

Just now, hckosice said:

I think a winning away goal 12 seconds before the end is good for heart :d

yeah, but they scored the winning goal just after they lost their previous lead only 15 seconds before...and that's not so good for your nerves...:rofl:

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

I only hope we're not going to have a full Swedish final 4 (Farjestad vs Frolunda + Vaxjo vs Skelleftea)...:mumble:

or 4 Finland teams :d..but I still have a feeling that we will have at least one pleasant surprise this year, especially SC Bern looks very good, I watched few their games in the group stage and they are really strong.

• 3 weeks later...

Today start the Continental Cup (the 20th edition) with the 1st round. Teams from :BUL:ISR:SRB and :TUR will play thiss week end the first round in a round-Robin tournament in Sofia. Only the winner will advance to the next round.

The opening game is scheduled from 16:00 (GMT +3) between Partizan Belgrade of Serbia and HC Bat-Yam of Israel. later tonight Zeytinburnu Istanbul of Turkey will face the home team Irbis-Skate Sofia of Bulgaria.

After the first day of the first round of the Continental Cup 2016/17. Zeytinburnu Istanbul champion of Turkey is in top of the standing with 3 points after todays clear win over the host Bulgarian champion Irbis-Skate Sofia 5-1.

3 Points in the standing has also the Serbian champion. In the opener match Partizan Belgrade defeated the Israeli team HC Bat-Yam 5-4. To note for the Israelian team Artem Verny scored 3 goals and assisted to the 4th. Partizan showed a great come back in the last 10 minutes reversing the match from 2-4 to 5-4.

Tomorrow is scheduled the day 2 of the tournament with the clash Partizan Belgrade vs Zeytinburnu Istanbul most likely for the win in the tournament and qualification for the second round at 13:30 (GMT +3) Sofia will play Bat-Yam at 17:00.

Huge result for Turkey. Zeytinburnu Istanbul won against Partizan Belgrade 8-3 today and since Irbis-Skate Sofia defeated HC Bat-Yam of Israel 6-4 everything is clear in the first round. Istanbul has better H2H confrontations with the Bulgarian and Serbian teams. It means Istanbul is already qualified for the second round of the Continental Cup.

Tomorrow last match day of the 1st round the tournament winner and qualified Zeytinburnu Istanbul will face Bat Yam at 13:00 (GMT +3) and Partizan Belgrade vs Irbis Skate Sofia at 17:00 both will play their last match in this european clubs season

The last day of the 1st round of the Continental Cup ended without big surprises.

:SRB champion Partizan Belgrade won against Irbis-Skate Sofia of :BUL 4-2 which means Partizan finish 2nd with 6 points and the Bulgarian host of the tournament 3rd with 3 points. The Group winner Zeytinburnu Istanbul ended the first round with a goal parade destroying HC Bat-Yam champion of Israel by 19-2 !!! especially the 3rd period was very hard for the Israeli champion, Istanbul won the last frame 8-1.

:TUR  champion Zeytinburnu Istanbul with a perfect 9 points from 3 wins is the deserved winner of the first round and will advance to the next stage.

The second round is scheduled 21-23rd October.

2 Groups of 4 teams will battle for 2 tickets for the 3rd round, only the winners of the both groups will advance further

in Group 1 in Jaca ( :ESP )  will play the champion of :GBR Nottingham Panthers, champion of :LAT HK Liepaja, champion of :ESP CH Jaca and the winner of the 1st round from :TUR Zeytinburnu Istanbul.

in Group 2 in Tychy :POL  will play the vice-champion of :POL GKS Tychy, champion of :HUN DVTK Jegesmedvek Miskolc, champion of :ROU Dunarea Galati and champion of :SLO Acroni Jesenice