website statistics

Speed Skating 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

1 minute ago, dcro said:

I don't think that  anyone expected Netherlands to do so well in Sochi so... I don't see how it is extremely unlikely now. :p

The chance of winning that medals in Sochi was like 1%...the fact that it actually happened doesn't mean that this time it is much more likely :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

He has been very good for a very long time, with ups and downs in between :p 

Sort of like a B-version of Pekka Koskela, who was sometimes amazing (like all of a sudden breaking the 1000m WR when nobody was even paying real attention), and in other times just didn't seem interested and finished like 15th. 

Pekka is skating in B divisions here. :facepalm:Well, at least Mika has been consistent in the last season or two.

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The chance of winning that medals in Sochi was like 1%...the fact that it actually happened doesn't mean that this time it is much more likely :d 

Well, if Dutch team functions anything like British track cycling team the chances are 100% :evil:

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Well, if Dutch team functions anything like British track cycling team the chances are 100% :evil:

I wish there was a bookmaker offering odds for "Will the Netherlands equal their number of speed skating medals from Sochi 2014?", I would bet €100 on "No" if the odds are ok :p 

(Although the odds would be more like 1.02 I think :d )

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, 2nd place for young Chinese Tingyu Gao in the men's 500m...34,99 on this crappy ice in his A-group debut, that is freaking impressive :yikes:

a7d5589861.png

Peter Michael is closing in, if he keeps this up, he is going to be a very serious medal threat in Pyeongchang :cheer:

Edited by heywoodu

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I immagine Patrick Roest result must be a embarassing disaster :d

Kick him out of the World Cup team :d 

Zero Norwegians in the A-division by the way, I miss the good old times with Eskil Ervik, Lasse Sætre and Øystein "the scythe" Grødum :( 

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Kick him out of the World Cup team :d 

absolute fiasco ! hope :NED federation will wakes up and start working because such unacceptable result must never be repeated ! :lol:

no, seriously. :NED:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: speed skating masta :bowdown:

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Zero Norwegians in the A-division by the way, I miss the good old times with Eskil Ervik, Lasse Sætre and Øystein "the scythe" Grødum :( 

wow, really surprising, just noticed it after you´ve mentioned it. really surprising, Norway was always very strong in this. Hope they will recover soon and return back among the best :(