website statistics

Snowboarding 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Clark and James win Olympic halfpipe test event

2Q==

Kelly Clark (USA) and Scotty James (AUS) have claimed victory in the 2016-17 season's final halfpipe World Cup event which took place in the Bokwang Phoenix Park Resort, South Korea today, whilst also serving as official test event for the 2018 PyeongChang Olympic Winter Games, too.

While James, who had triumphed in the X Games earlier this season, therefore walked away with his career's second Crystal Globe since 2014, Chloe Kim (USA) celebrated the title on the women's side of things; it was her career's first.

However, the teenage halfpipe sensation who had kicked off the season with back-to-back wins had to settle for fourth today as Clark (94.00), fresh off a win at Mammoth Mountain (USA) as well as Chinese shredders Jiayu Liu (91.50) and Xuetong Cai (86.50) threw down runs which impressed the judges more.

33-year-old veteran Clark landed a frontside air to backside 540 mute, frontside 1080 indy, cab 720 invert and a crippler indy knowing that she is finally back at her game:

“This is a huge step for me in my process just coming back from my hip surgery to get my riding back to a really high level. Since last week, I finally feel that I'm back to where I was before I got injured.

I'm thankful to put down the run I did today, and I'm stoked of my snowboarding and even more stoked to end up atop of the podium,” she said.

To do so, she was able to step it up after her first run wasn't as good as she was hoping it to be whilst sitting in second position behind of Liu who had set the bar high with her high and well executed backside air to frontside 900 tail, backside mute, frontside 720 stalefish and cab 720 tail.

“In practise I did some cleaner runs. In my first run, I landed in the flat a couple of times and kind of under-rotated a few things. It was good to get one under my belt but I knew I could do it cleaner.

And that was just my whole approach: land higher on those walls, hang under those grabs longer because I know that execution is important at those events. That was what I really was trying to do,” Clark recapped her career's 13th World Cup win.

Her season's second was also the fourth consecutive triumph in an official Olympic test event World Cup after prevailing in Bardonecchia (ITA) in 2005, Cypress Mountain (CAN) 2009 and Sochi (RUS) back in 2013.

“I have hoped that I can build. It's awesome to be at a test event knowing that I have a whole year to progress,” she added.

James atop

Over in the men's event, reigning world champion Scotty James added another big win to his palmares earning the highest score of the day with a 96.00 in his third run which consisted of a backside double cork 1260, frontside double cork 1080, cab double cork 1080 and frontside 900 therefore putting so far leading US superstar Shaun White under pressure.

But the two-time Olympic gold medallist couldn't step up his game as last to drop in keeping his 95.00 from run one earned for a massive method to frontside double cork 1080, cab double cork 1080, frontside 900 and a final backside double cork 1260.

“It's extremely disappointing,” White said. “I absolutely came here to win and do my thing. It was a great test run for the Olympics. Yeah, I think lesson is learned.”

Especially as he knew where and when he might lost it today:

“The truth is, I rode for two days and then went for shopping in Seoul, then rode qualifying and went back to shop in Seoul. So, I am really tired. By the time I got to my last hit my back leg kinda gave out. So, I'm just disappointed of myself although it's super nice suites I got. So, I hope there is less shopping next time and taking it more serious.

But anyway, Scotty had a great run with four magical hits.”

And with those four huge hits landed, Scotty James finally had his first ever World Cup win in store:

“It feels amazing winning the test event. I absolutely love South Korea. Every run here has been so awesome. The crowds and fans have been so welcoming and very helpful. They put on an awesome pipe here for us to ride, and yeah, I'm really excited.

It's twelve months down the track from today. It's going to be another exciting day in one year. And with a halfpipe like that anything is possible. It's going to be awesome.”

And that's for sure if the 22-year-old keeps on progressing like the past year.

“I put a lot of hard work in 2016, and I kind of continuing on this year as well. I changed up and put a lot of people in place who are pushing me forward to where I want to be. I have got such an amazing team behind me. Me and my coaches have a similar mindset towards where I wanna be. Australia and all my sponsors have been really supportive.”

That said, it's obviously that the adjustments pay off.

“I'm just trying to develop as a person and as a rider. Being happy is the most important thing for me, and I'm really happy at the moment. And things like this are a plus,” James said with an eye on his Crystal Globe.

Yiwei Zhang (CHN), the first rider who had stomped a triple cork in the pipe, rounded out the men's podium as third with a score of 93.25.

With the season's last halfpipe World Cup in the books, the great finale of the snowboard freestyle overall World Cup tour is slated to take place in Spindleruv Mlyn (CZE), where a slopestyle competition will wrap up things from March 24 till 25, 2017.

However, it's time to battle for gold, silver and bronze at the 12th FIS Snowboard World Championships a fe days before with the title decisions taking place in Sierra Nevada (ESP) from March 7 till 19, 2017.

9k=

Full Results Men and Women

Halfpipe World Cup 2016/17 Final Ranking Men and Women

• 2 weeks later...

Season's last parallel giant slalom interrupted

9k=

Too much fog to race in Erciyes-Kayseri

The World Cup season's final PGS race staged in Erciyes-Kayseri (TUR) has been interrupted due to heavy fog after the visibility got too poor to guarantee a safe and fair competition.

Following an unanimous jury decision, the race will resume tomorrow at 8 AM CET with the quarter finals of both, women and men.

Ledecka and Prommegger triumph in season's last PGS

2Q==

Ester Ledecka (CZE) and Andreas Prommegger (AUT) have come out victorious of the 2016-17 World Cup season's final PGS which was staged in Erciyes-Kayseri today successfully repeating their last year's triumph on the Turkish volcano.

It was an uncommon race both prevailed in as the parallel giant slalom race originally scheduled for yesterday got interrupted after several delays due to heavy fog and low visibility.

But Ledecka and Prommegger dealt best with the situation keeping the motivation high over night.

The competition finally resumed this morning with the quarter finals under a blue bird sky and the reigning PSL world champion underlined her claim on another gold medal at the upcoming world championships which will take place in Sierra Nevada (ESP) from March 7 to 19.

In a heart beat women's final, Ledecka edged off Tomoka Takeuchi from Japan by the tiny mere of 0.03 seconds bringing home her career's ninth.

It was a great race, although yesterday was pretty tough. But that's nature. But his way, it was interesting with the race taking place on two different days. It was a new experience. I happy that I have another good result. It was a good training for Sierra Nevada. I'm looking forward to competing at the world championships,” Ledecka said.

Ramona Hofmeister (GER) rounded out the podium as third beating Austrian champion Daniela Ulbing in the small final.

Over in the men's event, history was made as Sang-ho Lee and Bo-gun Choi secured the first ever medals for Korea in an alpine snowboard World Cup event finishing as respective second and third behind of Andreas Prommegger who celebrated a back-to-back win after his victory in the Olympic test event in South Korea three weeks ago.

Thanks to his career's 15th win, Prommegger took over the lead in the parallel overall World Cup standings from Radoslav Yankov (BUL) who finished 17th today but claimed the PGS World Cup title.

It's been two pretty tough days. They tried to finish the race yesterday but it wasn't possible due to the sleet.

But yeah, I'm really happy. I won here last year, and I was able to pull of this feat again. It was pretty close but I'm very relieved. Of course, the focus is on the world champs now but the overall World Cup ranking is also one thing I'm going for,” he explained knowing that it will be a tight battle with Yankov for the overall crown.

The Austrian veteran is currently sitting in first with 4,350 points but the defending champion is close behind with 3,950 points while Benjamin Karl can also nail it on the last day of the season with 3,600 points.

However, it's the Bulgarian superstar Prommegger has to have an eye on first. And Yankov is still motivated for more: “I'm happy. I managed to take home the Crystal Globe in the PGS, and I'm really happy with this, even though I didn't do well here finishing 17th.

Now I'm focusing on competing in the Sierra Nevada which are the most important races of the season. And then Winterberg will bring a pretty tough showdown for the overall win with the Austrian guys. But first, it's the worlds.”

Alena Zavarzina (RUS) brought home her career's first Crystal Globe also leading the overall standings of the women with only one more race to come.

However, before finally putting her hands on the coveted Crystal Globe, the 2014 Olympic bronze medallist had to go through some hard times:

The delay yesterday and re-scheduling of the race was very stressful for me as I was going for the Crystal Globe and didn't have much of an advantage [on Patrizia Kummer]. This waiting situation was nerve-wrecking. It was like the worst day of my life. I tried to make the best of the situation but almost puked this morning after breakfast. But I kept going. It was dramatic, I was hoping to finish on the podium in the last race.

I was waiting for this moment, and of course I'm happy and very proud. It was my goal ever since I started my career. It definitely took away the stress prior to the world champs.”

The alpine snowboard World Cup tour will wrap up things with the final parallel slalom and parallel slalom team event slated to take place in Winterberg (GER) from March 17 to 19.

However, the 12th FIS Snowboard World Championships are up next for the raceboarders with the pgs medal decisions scheduled for March 14 and the ones for PSL for March 15.

9k=

2016/17 Parallel Giant Slalom World Cup Final Ranking Men and Women

Moioli and Vaultier victorious in La Molina SBX

Z

Michela Moioli (ITA) and Pierre Vaultier (FRA) have prevailed in the 2016-17 season's penultimate snowboard cross World Cup event which was staged in foggy conditions in La Molina, Spain today.

Moioli, fresh off a first and sixth place finish earned at the last World Cup stop in Germany underlined her current form by keeping her rivals in a thrilling women's finals at bay.

“The final was pretty difficult. We were pretty close together in the first bank, I gave my best to keep the lead I had gained in that turn. Now I'm happy about the win. That was a good confident boost for the world championships,” Moioli stated.

The 21-year-old from Alzano Lombardo had crossed the finish line first ahead of Eva Samkova (CZE) who therefore took over the World Cup lead with a total of 4,370 points from former top rider Belle Brockhoff (AUS; 4,060) who lost some precious ground today finishing in seventh position.

“It feels good to be first in the World Cup ranking after finishing second last season. But it's still super close, and it will be a tough fight in Veysonnaz,” explained Samkova.

Chloe Trespeuch (FRA) rounded out the podium in third with 2015 La Molina winner Charlotte Bankes (FRA) placing fourth.

Over in the men's event which featured a lot of passing manoeuvres, tight battles from start to finish and several photo finish decisions, it was Olympic champion Pierre Vautier earning his career's 19th win ahead of Austria's Lukas Pachner who therefore wrote his history.

The 25-year-old became the first ever athlete from Vienna to podium in an individual World Cup competition.

Nick Baumgartner (USA) finished in third position while Omar Visintin (ITA) came in fourth after being the last to be back on track after Pachner, Baumgartner and the South Tyrolean had crashed down in the first left berm of the course therefore paving the way to an easy win for Vaultier.

Baumgartner was the first to go down and recapped the situation like this:

“I knew that it would be a battle going on, especially as I'm not known for my starts. So I knew I would have to pull something out. So I went to the inside to make something happen, and that turn just deteriorated. There was a big hole on the inside, and unfortunately I went down.

And then I saw the guys go down next to me, and they got tangled up but got up fast again. So I was just doing everything I can to get on that podium.”

Nevertheless, the race for the win was already decided.

“I didn't expect to win here. The start of the season was complicated but then I figured out to be back on the podium in the last races. This win prior to the world champs is great. I'm feeling really good”, Vaultier said.

“I had a good start in the finals, and then I noticed that everybody was falling behind of me. But I tried to stay focus for the rest of the run,” he added.

Although he didn't podium today, Visintin had enough reasons to be OK with the result as he took back the lead from Alessandro Haemmerle (AUT) who had missed today's knock out finals placing only 53rd in yesterday's time trials.

Ever since the season's second race the lead has changed back and forth between both riders with Visintin now leading the World Cup ranking with 3,470 points ahead of Vaultier (3,450) and Haemmerle (3,114.60) – with only one last race to come.

However, before it's time for the showdown in Veysonnaz (SUI) from March 24 to 26, when an individual as well as team snowboard cross race will be staged, it's time to go for Gold, Silver and Bronze at the 12th FIS Snowboard World Championships which are slated to take place from March 7 to 19 in Sierra Nevada (ESP).

The snowboard cross is scheduled for March 11 and 12 with the first ever world championships team SBX event following on March 13.

Z

• 2 weeks later...

Schoeffmann and Baumeister victorious in season's PSL finale

2Q==

Sabine Schoeffmann (AUT) and Stefan Baumeister (GER) have claimed victory in the 2016-17 FIS Snowboard World Cup season's last parallel slalom race which was staged in Winterberg (GER) in pouring rain today while Ester Ledecka (CZE) and Andreas Prommegger (AUT) capped off an incredible season with the alpine snowboard overall World Cup title.

But before things got fired up in front of some hundred spectators which were braving the weather and cheering for their favourites, it was time to say good-bye to Isabella Laboeck (GER) as the 2013 PGS world champion had announced her retirement from competitive snowboarding for health reasons.

Ongoing problems with her right ankle had led to the decision to go for one last run in front of a home crowd – as a result, the 30-year-old two-time Olympian performed as forerunner of the knock out rounds before the world's best were ready to go for one last race for the podium – and the last title decisions.

In fact, the battle for the four remaining Crystal Globes was still an open one; and it wasn't always the leading athlete to walk away with the precious prize and glory.

In the women's event, Sabine Schoeffmann earned her career's second crossing the finish line of the 350 metres long course on the Poppenberg slope only 10 hundredths ahead of 2017 PGS world champion Ester Ledecka therefore underlining, that she can deal with bad weather conditions.

Back in 2014 in Montafon, Austria Schoeffmann had secured her career's first win in a shower of rain, too: “I guess I'm a fan of rain, but yes, I'm glad that I was able to perform well despite the weather conditions, especially as things didn't went the way I wanted them to at the world championships. It was a tough week, but I'm happy with things turned out.”

With Ledecka finishing in second position, the Czech superstar who had earned a Gold and a Silver at last weeks world champs was able to head off Alena Zavarzina on the home stretch snatching the alpine snowboard overall World Cup title (4,860) with the so far leading Russian having to settle for second (4,500) after wrapping up her season with a seventh rank finish.

“It was a great race again. I am very happy to be here, it was a great organisation, the slopes were quite similar so it was a very nice race for everybody, and I am happy because I enjoyed every single run, and at the end I got the big Crystal Globe.

Actually, that was a big surprise because I have missed three races when I attended the alpine ski world championships last month. But I didn't think of of the title at all. So, I'm very happy about the title and finishing off the season as second of the PSL World Cup, too. It was a great season, and I'm already looking forward to the next one.

In today's battle for third, Daniela Ulbing was left standing with nothing after her Austrian teammate Julia Dujmovits had crossed the finish line first.

But the surprising winner of the 2017 world championships parallel slalom race was able to defend her lead in the PSL World Cup standings bringing home her career's first Crystal Globe (2,300).

“Of course I was going for the podium, and although I missed it, I'm very pleased as I won the PSL World Cup title. It's incredible. I'm super happy,” explained Ulbing

Over in the men's event, Baumeister beat Aaron March in the big final to secure his career's first with the slight advantage of 0.31 seconds on his rival from Italy.

Although having been defeated in the final run of the day, the South Tyrolean athlete claimed his career's first Crystal Globe as the fifth ranked rider of the 2017 parallel slalom world championships event moved onto the top of the PSL World Cup standings with a total of 1,560 with Baumeister (1,440) and former leader Christoph Mick (ITA; 1,410) wrapping up the season as respective second and third of the discipline ranking.

“It was tough today as it was raining all day long. I knew I have to give it everything I have to have a chance for the podium, and I have tried to concentrate on my racing. This went out pretty well.

I knew that I would have a slight chance for the Crystal Globe, but everything had to fall into place. And well, that's what just happened. So, I'm very happy. Taking the title is amazing. It was a dream of mine since I have been a little kid,” March said.

In the men's small final, it was Austria's Alexander Payer bringing home the third rank ahead of double Olympic champion Vic Wild (RUS).

Andreas Prommegger, fresh off two Gold medals from the 2017 world championships in Spain, placed 13th but finished off the season as dominating raceboarder securing the alpine snowboard overall World Cup title and therefore his career's third Crystal Globe.

“The whole season was crazy, especially the last week was intense. I had a very good streak with for wins in a row, which unfortunately ended today in tough conditions.

But, having the luck on my side, things went to my favour, so I was able to claim the overall World Cup title. It was an incredible season I would have never expected to experience,” the double world champion of the 2017 worlds said.

The alpine snowboard World Cup tour will close out the season tomorrow with the season's second PSL Team event staged in Winterberg on the same slope. It's the first time ever a German venue will host a team event. Finals are slated to take place at 10:15 AM CET. Check this link for LIVE TV times.

9k=

2016/17 World Cup Parallel Slalom Final Ranking Men and Women

2016/17 World Cup Parallel Final Ranking Men and Women

Z

Z

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9k=

2Q==

Ochner and March triumph in Winterberg PSL Team event

9k=

The 2016-17 FIS alpine snowboard World Cup season closed out in Winterberg today with a PSL team event staged on the Poppenberg slope in pouring rain again.

Italy's Nadya Ochner and Aaron March grabbed the win ahead of 2017 PSL world champions Daniela Ulbing and Andreas Prommegger of Austria.

“It was a fantastic race. It weren't the best conditions with the rain but the slope hold out pretty well. It was a pleasure to ride with Aaron today. I was pretty confident that he would do well today after he finished second yesterday. So, I just had to make sure that I go as fast as I could – and it worked out well,” said Ochner with teammate March adding:

“It's a fantastic finish of the season. It was fun racing today, especially as Nadya was paving the road to victory very well. She gave me some pressure to go fast.”

Germany's Carolin Langenhorst and yesterday's triumphant racer Stefan Baumeister rounded out the podium as third doing their home country proud by beating Switzerland's Julie Zogg and Dario Caviezel in the small final.

The second PSL Team event was the first one ever to be staged on German soil.

In the team event, the second racer starts as soon as the first one has crossed the finish line.

It's a format which provided tons of thrilling duels from start to finish today – including the battle for first and third as both heats featured some exciting head to head racing and were decided by the tiny mere of 0.03 seconds.

Full Results Here

Sadowski Synnott and Corning victorious in slopestyle World Cup finale

Z

Zoi Sadowski Synnott (NZL) and Chris Corning (USA) have triumphed in the 2016-17 season's slopestyle World Cup finale which was staged at the Snowjam.cz in Spindleruv Mlyn, Czech Republic today.

Just like in the last year's, Local Organisers led by former World Cup halfpipe rider Martin Czernik had put together a creative slopestyle course which not only attracted a strong and deep field but also a few thousands spectators who were roaring for each and every athlete dropping in.

And being supported by the stellar crowd riders were throwing down with the men stomping triple 1440 in succession over the single but pretty decent kicker and the girls also going big.

One of them was this season's breakthrough athlete Zoi Sadowski Synnott.

The last of the top-6 women finalists to drop in scored a 87.35 in her final run – which actually was a victory lap – to edge off Spencer O'Brien (CAN; 81.22) and last year's winner Silvia Mittermueller (GER, 73.40) to the respective second and third rank bringing home her career's first win.

The 16-year-old teenage slopestyle sensation threw down a half cab to 50-50 to backside 180 out, cab 180, 50-50 to backside 360, 50-50 to frontside 360, lipslide and a huge double wildcat indy therefore becoming the third Kiwi in history since Juliane Bray (Sapporo, 2001) and Christy Prior (Stoneham, 2014) to win a snowboard World Cup event.

With her second Word Cup podium in her first full season in the bags, Sadowski Synnott is now definitely one of the favourites to watch out for at next week's junior worlds staged on the very same venue:

“My last run was the best, I felt so comfortable. I liked the first part of the track – the rails. It was a great week here, and I'm really looking forward to the junior world,” the Sierra Nevada 2017 slopestyle Silver medallist said.

Over in the men's event, Corning topped the men's podium with a score of 92.34 earned for a half cab 50-50 backside 360 out, backside rodeo 720 nose, frontside 180 to 50-50 switch backside 360 off, 270 on 450 out, frontside 270 on and a massive backside triple cork 1440 melon to finish things off in his second run of the three run, best one count final which featured the best 10 men of the qualifiers and semis.

The 17-year-old therefore secured his career's second ahead of Fridtjof Tischendorf (NOR; 87.20) and defending Snowjam.cz champion Jamie Nicholls (GBR; 86.40).

Seventh ranked Redmond Gerard (USA; 72.22) claimed his first ever slopestyle World Cup title with 2,460 points ahead of Nicholls (2,040).

In the women's event, Jamie Anderson who sat out the grand finale in the Czech Republic took her career's fourth while Anna Gasser (AUT) and Mark McMorris (CAN), both also been absent from competition, had already secured the overall snowboard freestyle World Cup title prior to the final stop of the long season.

2Q==

2016/17 World Cup Slopestyle Final Ranking Men and Women

2016/17 World Cup Freestyle Final Ranking Men and Women

Samkova and Vaultier claim SBX World Cup title in thrilling showdown

2Q==

2014 Olympic champions Eva Samkova (CZE) and Pierre Vaultier (FRA) have claimed the 2016-17 season's SBX World Cup title after holding their main rivals for the Crystal Globe at bay in the tour's ultimate race's finals which were staged in perfect conditions on the high speed course of Veysonnaz.

The Wallis scenery and under a blue bird sky were the perfect backdrop for the grand World Cup finale which hadn't been as close for a long time.

In fact, 2010 had produced the most thrilling end to a boarder cross season for quite a long time when Alex Pullin (AUS) had passed Pierre Vaultier – who had led the standings before the final race took place in Arosa – with the tiny mere of 60 points in the final standings.

This time, again in Switzerland, it was the Frenchman who was hunting for the Globe.

The 29-year-old from Saint Chaffrey had descended on the Swiss Alps with the confidence boost of being the new world champion and ready to keep the momentum of two consecutive wins.

And as if a Hollywood director would have given the ultimate race of the seven-stop tour a finishing touch, the main actors in the battle for the title met each other in the men's big final.

Vaultier and World Cup ranking leader Omar Visintin (ITA) – only separated by 20 points before going into the season's showdown – were finally racing head to head to find out who would be able to walk away with the precious trophy after Alessandro Haemmerle (AUT) had missed his shot for the Globe being eliminated in the semis.

When the gates finally dropped it was the Vaultier, the man with the most wins on the SBX tour, to win the hole shot leading the pack of six comfortably over the steep start section and through the first two turns.

Visintin on the other hand, was trying everything he could to catch the French racer in front of him being handicapped by a bad start gate choice due to his qualifier results.

However, just as in the rounds before, the 27-year-old from Merano found the line to squeeze through his rivals into third before things took its course into Vaultier's favour.

Being caught in the battle for position, Visintin went all in in the middle roller section but did risk too much on its final hip, overshooting the landing while taking out Kevin Hill (CAN) and best qualifier Lucas Eguibar (ESP), too.

“Actually, it wasn't the last chance to get Pierre, I could have tried it a bit later, too. But I was drafting and pretty fast, so I just sent it – but yeah, I was too fast. But hey, if you aren't going for it, you have lost anyway,” Visintin explained the moment which finally decided about the crown.

However, the South Tyrolean wasn't disappointed at all: “I'm super happy with the second rank in the standings as it means that I had a good season. I did compete in many finals, so I'm pretty happy with my riding.

Following the unsuccessful all-or-nothing manoeuvre of his competitor, Vaultier brought home his career's 20th win ahead of Alex Deibold (USA) and Alex Pullin therefore also securing his fifth SBX World Cup title (4,450) with Visintin (3,920) and Alessandro Haemmerle (AUT; 3,404.60) wrapping up the season as respective second and third overall.

“It's quite hard for me to explain what I feel,” the most successful boarder cross racer of all time said after the medal ceremony.

“I didn't expect the 2017 season to be that good for me. I had a bad start to the season. But then I got third in Bansko, Bulgaria and I just carried on from there. I have to say, this season turned out to be the best of my entire career; after more than ten years of racing, ten years after my first World Cup win back in Stoneham.”

In the women's event, things might not have been as close in the standings going into the final event of the World Cup season but the plot was only slightly different.

Again, the main protagonists in the showdown for the title – Eva Samkova and Michela Moioli – were set to go down woman vs woman with four more girls in the gates aiming to take home the win.

However, all eyes were on Samkova, who had underlined her claim for the title with the best qualifier time yesterday.

In fact, the Czech powerhouse just had to cross the line in fourth position to secure her career's first title. And things went just the way the 23-year-old from Vrchlabi wanted them to.

Thanks to a good start she led the pack all the way down to the last left turn where she indeed got passed by Charlotte Bankes (FRA) who earned her career's second win since La Molina 2015 but was able to defend the second rank ahead of Moioli finally getting her hands on the Crystal Globe with a total of 5,170 points.

“It's crazy, just crazy. Michela was really hard to beat today, and every girl in the final was riding so well. Even though I won the qualifiers with a big advantage, today was a totally different race.

I'm really glad that I made it because it was my dream to win the title when I started to compete in snowboard cross. And with the girls getting better and better it just gets harder and harder to win the Globe. So, winning it means even more to me,” Samkova said.

Moioli (4,490) and Belle Brockhoff (AUS; 4,060) who had missed the last individual race of the winter due to an ACL surgery finished the season as respective second and third of the ranking.

The FIS SBX World Cup season concludes tomorrow with the final SBX Team event and the decision for the first ever SBX Team World Cup title in Veysonnaz at 12 PM CET.

2Q==

2016/17 World Cup Snowboard Cross Final Ranking Men and Women

2Q==

2Q==